Question Getting "reboot and select proper boot device" error with healthy HDD - Help

Jul 24, 2021
PC suddenly not booting properly - getting reboot and select proper boot device prompt on startup. Entered BIOS and prioritized proper drive for booting, did not fix error. Purchased brand new sata cables and tested power supply for output (working fine) - still not booting. Removed HDD and harvested all files to a laptop using powered sata cable, with the expectation of a corrupted disk, however windows disk manager claims the drive is healthy and I didn't have to recover data. When i was using my pc, I had both C: and D: and there was an SSD I found in the pc that wasn't connected. The HDD I was able to open doesn't contain any windows data....is it possible the HDD was partitioned into both C & D: and the C: portion is corrupted? The SSD is not even recognized as connected my my laptop when plugged into the same usb drive with the same powered sata cable and it does not appear in the disk manager.

I would greatly appreciate some help figuring this thing out. Thanks in advance.

Jul 24, 2021
upload a screen shot of disk management with the hdd connected. and with the ssd connected
Thanks for the reply,
I was able to get the SSD to become legible but now I'm encountering a fatal hardware error when attempting to initialize (I was running into the same problem when I was using an unpowered sata to usb to try to read my HDD and the message went away when I used the proper cable)...not sure how add a screen shot from my pc.

TRENDING THREADS