Question Getting tabbed out of games multiple times an hour ?

May 21, 2020
Apologies if this isn't in the right place but I didn't know where else to put it. I've gone through multiple threads on reddit/google/thiswebsite and can't find a solution to my problem.

So, basically as the title says I'm frequently getting tabbed out of games (speficially Rocket League but its happened in F1 2020 as well) multiple times a session. I've got two monitors and when it happens they both flash black for a few seconds and it has me back on the desktop.
I tried installing event logger to see what app is causing it but it doesn't actually highlight any app, it just stays blank. I have gone through the Event Viewer and found one error that seems to be happening coincidentally at the same time as I get tabbed out. I'll post the full thing because I don't really understand how to dechiper it apart from it being called "dwm.exe".

The only other thing of note is that the first dwm.exe error started happening on the same day I updated windows. Coincidence? I was going to roll back the update but it had a warning of having to back up files and potnetially reinstall programs. Would rather avoid that.
If anyone has any idea please let me know.

One final thing is that I don't think it's happened when I've been AFK in the game. As far as I can remember it's only happened when I've actively been playing the game/using the controller. (controller related somehow?)

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 18/05/2021 22:07:14
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: -
Description:
Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595
Faulting module name: ism.dll, version: 10.0.19041.985, time stamp: 0x5b4446b6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000890da
Faulting process ID: 0x4ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74c17d359b40f
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ism.dll
Report ID: cc74dd0e-6bcd-401b-a04d-3f889dd9211d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History for additional error code information. The timeline format can be very helpful as well.

Also look in Update History: Determine if there were any problem updates.