Question Gigabyte 3070 gaming oc not detecting

Sep 30, 2023
It feels like ive tried everything. Currently i have the dp into the mb. i have onbaord graphics so thats sorta been helping.

I got a used 3070 from a trustworthy friend. When plugged in the fans start for a second then stop, the rgb light does light up, but there is no display.
I have tried: reseating, bios flash, cmos, rewiring, DDU then display driver (says update isnt compatatible). Feels like ive done about everything.
ive even reset my pc entirely and lost all former data. Oh well.

guess i just need advice on what to do. DXDIAG shows nothing but my onbaord, device manager only shows my onboard, the gpu is just not detecting.
MB: MSI B650-p WIFI
GPU: RTX 3070 Gigabyte Gaming oc 8gb
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x
PSU: RM1000 Corsair
PLEASE HELP ME

It feels like ive tried everything. Currently i have the dp into the mb. i have onbaord graphics so thats sorta been helping.

I got a used 3070 from a trustworthy friend. When plugged in the fans start for a second then stop, the rgb light does light up, but there is no display.
I have tried: reseating, bios flash, cmos, rewiring, DDU then display driver (says update isnt compatatible). Feels like ive done about everything.
ive even reset my pc entirely and lost all former data. Oh well.

guess i just need advice on what to do. DXDIAG shows nothing but my onbaord, device manager only shows my onboard, the gpu is just not detecting.
MB: MSI B650-p WIFI
GPU: RTX 3070 Gigabyte Gaming oc 8gb
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x
PSU: RM1000 Corsair
PLEASE HELP ME
You should really check that GPUin another compatible system. Until you are 100% sure it's in good working order troubleshooting can't give reliable results.
Just one question, when display is plugged in GPU, does it show BIOS at least ?

Sep 30, 2023
You should really check that GPUin another compatible system. Until you are 100% sure it's in good working order troubleshooting can't give reliable results.
Just one question, when display is plugged in GPU, does it show BIOS at least ?
No not at all. Just a blank screen on my monitor. Thinking of taking it into a shop on Monday honestly to test it. I plugged the DP into my motherboard to see what was goin on.

Thinking of taking it into a shop on Monday honestly to test it. I plugged the DP into my motherboard to see what was goin on.
Is GPU-Z detecting your graphics card properly?
Can you show screenshot from GPU-Z ?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

You reinstalled windows. Did you remember to install chipset drivers.
Those are necessary to be installed before any other drivers.

Sep 30, 2023
I also, plugged into other pcie slots and it doesn’t show. Starting to think flashing the gpu bios might be my only options. If that’s even a thing.