[SOLVED] Gigabyte B550 gaming x q-flash not working for Ryzen 5000

Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
I am building pc and am trying to use the q-flash button to update the bios to the latest version. I put the new bios on a usb and labelled it gigabyte.bin. I plugged the 24 pin and 8 pin power in. I the plugged the psu in and put the usb in the bios labelled usb slot. I press the q-flash button but there is no light? Am I doing something wrong? How do I know if the bios has been updated?

Need help ASAP.

Solution
Just to trace your steps, you:
1| Downloaded the latest BIOS from here(version F10)?
2| You placed the BIOS file in the root directory(without renaming the BIOS file. Leave it as is.) of a pen drive that's FAT32 formatted(doesn't matter if it's USB2 or 3)?
3| Plugged USB drive with BIOS file into white USB port, i.e, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port ?

If the BIOS has been updated, you should be able to power up the system and get into BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
2| You placed the BIOS file in the root directory(without renaming the BIOS file. Leave it as is.) of a pen drive that's FAT32 formatted(doesn't matter if it's USB2 or 3)?
3| Plugged USB drive with BIOS file into white USB port, i.e, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port ?

If the BIOS has been updated, you should be able to power up the system and get into BIOS.

Reactions: Steve_K7
Solution

Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016

I just ended up booting with my friends 3600x and updating the bios from bios q-flash instead of using the button.