Question Gigabyte G27QC vs MSI MAG272CQR. What is the best monitor?

Oct 11, 2022
I can't decide which monitor to choose. I looked at many reviews of these two monitors and some say that the G27QC is better than the monitor from MSI, and others that the MAG272CQR is better than the G27QC. I want a balanced monitor for graphics and gaming. I'm not a professional, that's why I have enough of the possibilities that the VA matrix offers. From the reviews, I only noticed that MAG272CQR has a higher brightness of 300 cd vs 250 cd for G27QC, as well as 100% sRGB and 90% DCI-P3 vs 120% and 88% DCI-P3 for G27QC. As well as 8bits + 2FRC for MSI vs 8bits for Gigabyte. As far as I understand, for working with images, it will be better to use a monitor from MSI, since it will not distort colors? And as for the quality of the VA panel on both monitors, where are the highlights on the sides more visible in the black image? Which monitor would you choose? In my country, the MSI MAG272CQR is sold cheaper than the Gigabyte G27QC. Or maybe overpay $45 and get Gigabyte AORUS CV27Q?

Last edited:
I can't decide which monitor to choose. I looked at many reviews of these two monitors and some say that the G27QC is better than the monitor from MSI, and others that the MAG272CQR is better than the G27QC. I want a balanced monitor for graphics and gaming. I'm not a professional, that's why I have enough of the possibilities that the VA matrix offers. From the reviews, I only noticed that MAG272CQR has a higher brightness of 300 cd vs 250 cd for G27QC, as well as 100% sRGB and 90% DCI-P3 vs 120% and 88% DCI-P3 for G27QC. As well as 8bits + 2FRC for MSI vs 8bits for Gigabyte. As far as I understand, for working with images, it will be better to use a monitor from MSI, since it will not distort colors? And as for the quality of the VA panel on both monitors, where are the highlights on the sides more visible in the black image? Which monitor would you choose? In my country, the MSI MAG272CQR is sold cheaper than the Gigabyte G27QC. Or maybe overpay $45 and get Gigabyte AORUS CV27Q?
In all honesty if you have the space go with an ultra wide monitor. There are budget ones around the price of the Aorus that are very good. Everyone I know that has gone ultra wide has never gone back to a normal widescreen monitor.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-gaming-vg34vql1b

Oct 11, 2022
In all honesty if you have the space go with an ultra wide monitor. There are budget ones around the price of the Aorus that are very good. Everyone I know that has gone ultra wide has never gone back to a normal widescreen monitor.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-gaming-vg34vql1b
I've never thought about getting an ultra wide monitor... How much more demanding is 3440x1440 on a graphics card than 2560x1440? And how much of the content is currently optimized and supports this format?

I've never thought about getting an ultra wide monitor... How much more demanding is 3440x1440 on a graphics card than 2560x1440? And how much of the content is currently optimized and supports this format?
It is more demanding as there are 33% more pixels. I upgraded my GPU to an RX 6700XT and get about 80 fps sometime got to about 85 in Borderlands 3 with a 4770k for my CPU. In their review of the 6700XT, Tomsharware got 95 fps on average at 1440p with a better CPU. We are talking a 10-20% reduction for ultrawide from widescreen.

In terms of support there is a bunch for it. My most newer games support the format. If they don't you can run at 1440p with black bars on the side.