Question Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Champion rev 1.0 no post

raptor-zzr

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2014
I am a uni student in digital arts, my machine is my most important tool and it's motherboard fried to a short, code FF. So I got the above stated replacement board in the used market from a reputable seller who provided proof that it functions correctly. My cpu is a Xeon E5 2660 V3 (stated by gigabyte to work with this motherboard), and my memory a 2x8 set of corsair 2133mhz LPX kit powered by a bequiet pure power 11 600w (or 650w I don't remember I lost the sticker). I am dumbfounded as to what is happening with this machine. I have tried every troubleshooting set I can think of (short of checking voltages) and she still won't post. I tried cmos clearing, using the switches on board to change bios settings such as dual bios setting, cpu mode setting, OC settings, everything. Reseated ram, tried a spare Chinese ram kit, cpu with variable mounting pressures, the works. On the manual specified memory slots (positions 2 and 4) for a dual kit and 1 when I tried to run with just one and I still get error code 50 memory init error. I tried other slot configurations and I get error 61 nvram init error. I don't know what to do anymore. I have already lost a school project deadline to this and I need this thing fixed so I can continue my studies and work to pay rent. If any one of the legends in here can help me out I would very much appreciate it. My guess right now is that the bios is an old version not compatible with modern ddr4 ram, but it's not like I can use QFlash if it's not posting at all.

Lutfij

Titan
powered by a bequiet pure power 11 600w (or 650w I don't remember I lost the sticker)
You're using the same unit that was in the system when the older motherboard was sent to the warpzone? If so, you're going to need to replace that as well.

Also, please parse a link to the ram kit you're using. If your ram kit is merely DDR4-2133MHz, then it's not concurrent, more like a couple of years old at this point. Did you inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins? According to this CPU support list for the board, so long as you have BIOS version F2 onboard, you should be able to get POST. You might want to contact the seller of the board to see if they can verify what BIOS version is on the board. FYI, F2 was the next BISO version after first release, which was only 7 days later, so again, i doubt you have an incompatible BIOS, more likely the PSU at fault or the prior fryjob took out more than your motherboard.

Troubleshooting takes resources, if you're lacking the time - you need to source a donor system to help keep a roof over your head, in case this drags out.

raptor-zzr

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2014
powered by a bequiet pure power 11 600w (or 650w I don't remember I lost the sticker)
You're using the same unit that was in the system when the older motherboard was sent to the warpzone? If so, you're going to need to replace that as well.

Also, please parse a link to the ram kit you're using. If your ram kit is merely DDR4-2133MHz, then it's not concurrent, more like a couple of years old at this point. Did you inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins? According to this CPU support list for the board, so long as you have BIOS version F2 onboard, you should be able to get POST. You might want to contact the seller of the board to see if they can verify what BIOS version is on the board. FYI, F2 was the next BISO version after first release, which was only 7 days later, so again, i doubt you have an incompatible BIOS, more likely the PSU at fault or the prior fryjob took out more than your motherboard.

Troubleshooting takes resources, if you're lacking the time - you need to source a donor system to help keep a roof over your head, in case this drags out.
Forgot to mention that I have another known working bequiet 500w system power 9 that I tested with to no change whatsoever. I will take a look at the socket pins but I'm not patricularly hopeful. If I see anything out of order I will sent a picture to confirm. Thank you for the interest. I have also tested with a known working cpu a 2620 also to no avail.

raptor-zzr

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2014