Gigabyte Intros New Motherboards, Tech at CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Wow, two features they've needlessly slapped the label 3D onto in one product. Impressive.

Anybody want to start a pool on what the next tech buzzword is going to be? My money's on quantum.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]I hate it how so many people don't know the correct useable of 'their' and 'there'.[/citation]
"The correct useable"? And you're correcting peoples' grammar?

The irony, it hurts.

skaz

Distinguished
I love the gigabyte board quality I've had on my and and Intel builds. But I really wish they would stray away from this extreme gamer gun design and labeling system. Solid capacitors and controllers is what I look for. Not a gun shaped heatsink. Gigabyte I love you still =).

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Gigabyte forgot to mention that you'd have to purchase the 3D glasses to fully enjoy the 3D BIOS, and 3D power features :) 120Hz screen is required ;-)

Exciting stuff..

G

but i want 64 gb ram, gigabyte doesnt do it for me, need it for developing. wont need to shutdown tools then because one tool takes up nearly all my memory.

also i would like to know the spacing between the pci-E, same as asus or smaller.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]I hate it how so many people don't know the correct useable of 'their' and 'there'.[/citation]
oh they know the correct way to use, they just don't care. if you read their, they're, or there it doesn't matter which one you use your mind corrects almost automatically.

[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Wow, two features they've needlessly slapped the label 3D onto in one product. Impressive.Anybody want to start a pool on what the next tech buzzword is going to be? My money's on quantum.[/citation]

my money is on that they bring back from the past, here's hoping radical. tubular would also be pretty nice

[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]and its so pathetic how people like pointing this out thinking they are the smartest person in the world[/citation]

less pathetic more annoying, we all know they got it wrong you don't need to point it out.

[citation][nom]willard[/nom]"The correct useable"? And you're correcting peoples' grammar? The irony, it hurts.[/citation]

reminds me of what they say about stones in glass houses.

[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Gigabyte forgot to mention that you'd have to purchase the 3D glasses to fully enjoy the 3D BIOS, and 3D power features :) 120Hz screen is required ;-)Exciting stuff..[/citation]

3-D means three-dimensional correct, three-dimensional can have many applications. Send to a character from a story is being three-dimensional or two-dimensional, what does that mean. What I think it means that these motherboards as they attacked it from three different sides, and added 3-D because it is a buzzword, but that doesn't mean it isn't appropriate.

------------------------------------

That said I will never understand why people want a small motherboard or small case. I'd rather have the biggest motherboard possible the biggest case just because future cards may marry me having more space. Such as right now I want usb 3, esata port, and a high-end audio card, but I only have one available PCI express port.

yanjustin98

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Be interesting to see the price ranges on these things. For a poor Chinese like me, I'll probably stick to the Intel Z68 Motherboard. Don't no how compatibility and comparability will work with these motherboards. All new motherboards seem to have a low rating stage early on in the game before the reviewers give higher star reviews. Waiting to see if there will be any problems with these.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]I'd buy a Sniper motherboard if they didn't mark them up a $100+...[/citation]

4G, and 5G.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]snowzsan[/nom]Shut up, honestly, I'm trying to filter out the shitty "grammar police" post from your nonsense. Not about the article? Go pound salt.Anyways, I have to agree with Alidan's last bit of his post. My board right now has two PCI-e 1x slots side by side which, while ok with me, my Radeon doesn't share the same enthusiam. Apparently, it was so enraged by the idea that it decided to block one. I had to choose between wireless and USB3.All I'm saying is they should throw the PCI-e 1x slots near the bottom of the board. I never plan to go quad on my GPUs and I'm assuming that's not the intent of an average builder either so it'd be appropritate.[/citation]

the line up in a computer should be as follows.

pcie 2/3.0 16x
pci
pcie
pcie
.... pcie as far down as the motherboard is big

or

pcie 2/3.0
pci
pcie 2/3.0
pcie
pcie
pcie
.... again for as big as the motherboard is.

my understansing is that a pcie 2/3.0 can be used as a normal pcie slot, i have 2 motherboards that still have a pci slot, but have one of the FEW pcie slots taken up by gpu over hang.

the way i proposed it being laid out allows people with no graphics card needs, or low end to have an open pci port, that normally would be taken up by a mid to high end gpu, putting the pcie ports lower would allow for more current upgrades, such as better sound card, and newer ports that weren't around when your pc was new.

Status
Not open for further replies.