Gigabyte M61PME-S2P problem

amilaxp

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
When i switch on the pc stars but it only stays for abt 5 seconds & switchs off... Gigabyte M61PME-S2P is the mother board. Pleas help me.. i have a project to finish & still trying to get my pc switched on... wat do u think the problem is???

M61PME-S2P
GIGABYTE%20GA-M61PME-S2P.jpg

amilaxp

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

well i have,
I gb DDR2 ram
amd x2 processor
350W power supply
DVD RW
Sata 500GB
Pixelview Play Tv pro TV card
Runs on Win XP

& sometimes I get the bluescreen error as well... please help. thanx

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like a possible power supply problem. Have you changed or added/installed anything lately (just before this started happening)? Also, do you recall the type of bluescreen errors you have been having?

Last, are you using the video adapter built into the motherboard or a stand alone card?

amilaxp

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

yes it is that super cheap 350w power supply which came with the cpu case., so i guess i better change the power supply n cee. anyways i feel scared cos donno wether the mobo is gone bust cos of this power supply issue... do u tink so? or will everyting be alright after i change the powe supply??? thanx

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Understood. Changing the power supply may help stabilize the system, but it is also possible that your HDD has become corrupted due to the failures. I suggest you change the power supply (PSU) regardless of whether you have to reload Windows afterward. A bad PSU can cause all sorts of mayhem.

Good luck!