Question Gigabyte motherboard no boot an no bios?

Stijn Hendriks

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
So I've build a new pc with:
Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
Gigabyte AORUS GP-ARS32G52D5
Corsair RM850
Cooler Master Masterliquid v2
1 TB Kingston SSD 2.5''

Graphics card to be installed later (hasn't arrived)

When I start the computer the fans starts spinning, the LED on the motherboard goes from CPU to RAM and it stays there. I've already tried different memory sticks and in all four slots. Still it won't boot.
I tried to clear the CMOS and wanted to remove the battery but it is unreachable :( .

I don't want to flash the bios since it will remove the warranty.
Anyone any idea?

I don't want to flash the bios since it will remove the warranty.
Anyone any idea?
Why do you think flashing BIOS will void warranty? In many cases it's the only way to make the system work right since motherboards often ship with barely functioning BIOS revisions. I'd take the board back to the seller and make them update to the latest BIOS for you if this is correct.

You said you tried to reset CMOS: were you successful? Can you short the two pins at least? Removing the battery is a good idea but shorting pins at the least is essential to reset which also forces the CPU train memory. And speaking of this, I seem to recall it taking a very long time for the CPU to train memory with AM5 boards, it was a common complaint for launch reviews. It may be only the initial training, it may be later BIOS rev's have fixed it, but give it a long time...maybe an hour at least... before giving up.

The obvious things include checking that all connections are correct and completely connected. Make sure the memory dimms especially are completely inserted and click into place on both ends. Also check that the motherboard standoffs are all installed and in the correct places, with mounting screws that are tight.

It often helps to "breadboard" the build first, with everything out of the case and motherboard sitting on the box. That way you can reach everything to check for secure connection...and pull battery for resetting CMOS. You can start the system this way by putting a brief short across the "PWR SW" pins in the front panel header.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS