Question Gigabyte rtx 2070 gaming oc reaches 80°c within 1 hr, is this normal?

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Compared to other card models of other companies my gpu seems to run hotter than others under full load(https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-2070-gaming-oc.b6184) , now some of you may say thats a safe temperature, it is because of ambient room temperature or what is the temperature with case open, to answer them i know it is safe temps but it might prove to be a manufacture defect due to which i might have to rma it, also it means my card will detoriate faster, i recorded temps with my ac on and so temps are below 30c and without case i have only tested for like 20 min during which the temp rose 70 and remain stable at that. Also, if someone has had experience with the gigabyte rtx 20xx gaming oc series(not super one) can you pls tell me about your temps?

As for case layout...
This is correct i assume? View: https://imgur.com/gallery/PzKJcZ7

Remeca

Reputable
Fan 3 should be blowing air out of the case. Is it just the quality of the picture, or can I see clumps of dust in the heatsink of your gpu? Other parts look a little dusty too. Maybe it just needs a thorough dusting. As for temps, those seem normal, if a little warm, for gpu under load for a long time. Definitely not hot enough to degrade the lifetime of the card.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Most reviews have it sitting around 70c under full load, so yeah it's running a bit warm. It runs at 70c with the case panel off? If so you have poor case airflow. What case is that? Im assuming it's one of those cases with a very restrictive front panel, meaning the front intake fans are choked and cant pull in enough air.

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Fan 3 should be blowing air out of the case. Is it just the quality of the picture, or can I see clumps of dust in the heatsink of your gpu? Other parts look a little dusty too. Maybe it just needs a thorough dusting. As for temps, those seem normal, if a little warm, for gpu under load for a long time. Definitely not hot enough to degrade the lifetime of the card.
Well it was dusty before but i thoroughly cleaned it with blower and microfibre without any noticeable changes also it has been this hot since the first time to bought it fan 3,1 and 2(both fans marked 2) blow it backwards and fan 4 and 5 are inlet

'positive pressure' is perhaps worth something in dust free labs and chemical warfare decontamination zones, but, in computer cases, it jsut short of a pointless goal;....dust gets in with the air...always will. If the inside of your case is too warm (harder to cool a GPU with 130F air inside the case), then get more cool air in, and, more warmer air out . Seems obvious to me...and less important than worried about air pressure. (which is actually restricted airflow, if you think about it...)

Air in the above pic should flow from front to aft, for all fans..add an exhaust fan, if needed. (Fans in rear should blow OUT) Not sure if your arrows are meant to denote airflow direction or simple fan numbering...

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
'positive pressure' is perhaps worth something in dust free labs and chemical warfare decontamination zones, but, in computer cases, it jsut short of a pointless goal;....dust gets in with the air...always will. If the inside of your case is too warm (harder to cool a GPU with 130F air inside the case), then get more cool air in, and, more warmer air out . Seems obvious to me...and less important than worried about air pressure. (which is actually restricted airflow, if you think about it...)

Air in the above pic should flow from front to aft, for all fans..add an exhaust fan, if needed. (Fans in rear should blow OUT) Not sure if your arrows are meant to denote airflow direction or simple fan numbering...
Those are for fan numbering and all the fans point towards the rear of the case

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Most reviews have it sitting around 70c under full load, so yeah it's running a bit warm. It runs at 70c with the case panel off? If so you have poor case airflow. What case is that? Im assuming it's one of those cases with a very restrictive front panel, meaning the front intake fans are choked and cant pull in enough air.
I dont think the fans are choked but just to be sure here's the pic of the front:
View: https://imgur.com/a/RiRV6as