[SOLVED] GIGABYTE RTX 3070 GAMING OC

T2N

Commendable
Feb 14, 2021
Hello,

I have bought new pc (pre-built) Motherboard is Asrock Z490 EXTREME 4 and gpu GIGABYTE RTX 3070 GAMING OC.

So my issue is with the card as it don't wanna run. GPU is not shown in bios, 90% of the times i have green horizontal stripes and if get to windows on cpu integrated graphics (which also shows green stripes) in device manager it shows rtx 3070 with orange exclamation mark and error code 43 and on top if that if the card actually run with the system i get black screen as soon as windows should pop up log-in screen i tried DDU but it's pointless as gpu gives me black screen as soon as i try to install any drivers, if i try to disable and enable gpu in device manager it just end's up with black screen. Also gpu-z and windows both shows 0MB Vram on a card. Should i text them and ask for card warranty? Also i didn't want to play around with the card itself as i'm not experienced with stuff like that.

Solution
Contact the vendor. It's a pre-built and covered under warranty. There's more going on than is evident with the gpu if the igpu in the cpu is also giving green bars. I'd be more inclined to believe there's bent pins or damage to the socket resulting in cascade failures.

T2N

Commendable
Feb 14, 2021
RAM: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60 DDR4 3200 DIMM 8GM (4x)
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8GB
CASE: Lian Li 011 Dynamic
Cooling: MSI Mag Core Liquid 240R
CPU: Core i9-10900
PSU: ADATA XPG CORE REACTOR 750W 80+ GOLD
SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SATA III
Motherboard: Asrock z490 extreme 4

I have no clue about bios version and how to update/check it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Contact the vendor. It's a pre-built and covered under warranty. There's more going on than is evident with the gpu if the igpu in the cpu is also giving green bars. I'd be more inclined to believe there's bent pins or damage to the socket resulting in cascade failures.

Reactions: rgd1101
Solution