Question Gigabyte RTX 3080 OC Vision VBIOS update.

Endre

Honorable
Hello!

I've purchased a used video card:
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 OC Vision 10G rev. 1.0 /
PN: GN-N3080VISION OC-10GD).

Though the Re-size BAR option is enabled in the BIOS menu of my motherboard (ASRock X670E Taichi), GPU-Z shows it as: Disabled.

I can't run the VBIOS executable file in Windows because it gives me an error of Windows not finding a required path.

I've also tried an old NVFlash VBIOS updating method, that worked on my prior PC, but it didn't work on this one.

QUESTIONS:
How do I update the VBIOS?
Is there a BIOS switch on the video card?
(I haven't seen one).

Lutfij

Titan
Though the Re-size BAR option is enabled in the BIOS menu of my motherboard (ASRock X670E Taichi), GPU-Z shows it as: Disabled.
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

You state buying the GPU second hand, what GPU did you have prior to the RTX3080 mentioned above? Did you run DDU in Safe Mode prior to replacing the older GPU with the new GPU, then later manually installing the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i./e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Out of curiosity, what VBIOS version is shown on GPU-Z?

I can't run the VBIOS executable file in Windows because it gives me an error of Windows not finding a required path.
Have you placed the executable on a USB drive or any other drive that isn't your OS drive?

Endre

Honorable
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

You state buying the GPU second hand, what GPU did you have prior to the RTX3080 mentioned above? Did you run DDU in Safe Mode prior to replacing the older GPU with the new GPU, then later manually installing the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i./e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Out of curiosity, what VBIOS version is shown on GPU-Z?

Have you placed the executable on a USB drive or any other drive that isn't your OS drive?
Hello!

The BIOS of my motherboard is the latest: v3.08.

My prior GPU was an Asus Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, which I have used on a former Intel Z390 Aorus platform.

No, I did not use DDU, I've just uninstalled all Nvidia drivers, restarted PC, then Installed the new drivers.

My PSU: Corsair HX1200i.
I have bought it, brand new, 2 months ago.

Current VBIOS shown in GPU-Z is: 94.02.42.00.4D.

The latest VBIOS that's on TechPowerUp BIOS Collection site is:
(I couldn't install this one by putting it on a USB flash drive formatted with Rufus to become bootable, together with NVFlash utility, and a special batch file with commands created in Notepad).

The latest VBIOS that's on Gigabyte website, which started installing, but ended up in an error, was: F31.
(I've downloaded all of the other VBIOSes, and the other ones didn't match my build).

No, I've tried installing the F31 VBIOS directly from Windows.
Do I have to put it on a USB flash drive?
(I've found no info on Gigabyte's site on how to flash the firmware).
Do I have to also add some other file to it, on the USB flash drive, and boot with it?

Last edited: