Question Gigabyte X570 Aorus

Davy Bramer

Commendable
Nov 24, 2020
Hello, I wanted to sell my used motherboard. I had a few questions that I wanted to ask before doing so. So with my current setup, the xmp option will not work. The computer crashes after turning it on. I have found work around a with this by manually setting the clock speed for my memory. I also know for a fact my memory is not faulting. I wanted to know if this could be a problem with the board? Or a comparability issue with my entire pc? If so, show I mention this to the buyer?
Also, the board is approximately 2 1/2 years old. I was thinking about pricing to be around $80. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Lutfij

Titan
The problem might not actually be with the board, perhaps the ram you were using didn't like being on X.M.P or you didn't try manually inputting the advertised frequency, timings and voltage. To add, perhaps a BIOS update is pending that should help improve stability(overclocking).

Specs to your entire build? BIOS version for above listed motherboard?

Davy Bramer

Commendable
Nov 24, 2020
The problem might not actually be with the board, perhaps the ram you were using didn't like being on X.M.P or you didn't try manually inputting the advertised frequency, timings and voltage. To add, perhaps a BIOS update is pending that should help improve stability(overclocking).

So I believe the xmp clocks the memory to 3600mhz. I’ve only even put it as far as 3400mhz with accounted voltage. Then anything after that, I get crashes from. Also I have ran numerous memory tests and contacted the people over at Corsair for the memory. I’m pretty sure the memory is good.

Davy Bramer

Commendable
Nov 24, 2020

Also my spec are, the motherboard, ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair vengeance 16gb, RTX 2070 super, 750 power supply, and a Samsung ssd.

Lutfij

Titan
750 power supply
750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. I doesn't state what the make and model of the unit is. Please add the age of the unit as well.

and...your BIOS version? Latter revisions did open up ram options apart from prior and latter generation CPU support.

Davy Bramer

Commendable
Nov 24, 2020
750 power supply
750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. I doesn't state what the make and model of the unit is. Please add the age of the unit as well.

and...your BIOS version? Latter revisions did open up ram options apart from prior and latter generation CPU support.
Okay power supply: EVGA supernova 750W G+
And the BIOS version: F31e (I believe I updated this a few months ago, still had the same issues though)