Question Gigabyte X570 UD Rev 1.0 Is it upgradeable?

Aug 12, 2024
You know, i've been curious about this motherboard Gigabyte x570 Rev1.0
To those who know about it please help.

Gigabyte x570 UD only support RGB lightning (4pin 12v) but in the motherboard on upper right corner there available d_led 1 and d_led 2 socket (for aRGB) but with no pin, the question is can you solder 3 pin 5v by yourself and make that feature available??

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If your board is expendable then you should try it out but i would first try and inspect the motherboard, front and back, to see if there are traces in the PCB visible. If so, then maybe you're good to go. I'm also leaning on the fact that maybe the PCB is used for other boards and is just a feature that was covered up with solder in an attempt to cut costs.

You know, i've been curious about this motherboard Gigabyte x570 Rev1.0
To those who know about it please help.

Gigabyte x570 UD only support RGB lightning (4pin 12v) but in the motherboard on upper right corner there available d_led 1 and d_led 2 socket (for aRGB) but with no pin, the question is can you solder 3 pin 5v by yourself and make that feature available??

Thanks
Probably not as there would be no ARGB control chip and circuit either, that's main cost saving.

Aug 12, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If your board is expendable then you should try it out but i would first try and inspect the motherboard, front and back, to see if there are traces in the PCB visible. If so, then maybe you're good to go. I'm also leaning on the fact that maybe the PCB is used for other boards and is just a feature that was covered up with solder in an attempt to cut costs.
did it need any special chip controller to operate or not, just traces?

may I know the chip looks like or could you describe it so maybe i could spot it or maybe it that motherboard doesn't have any. i dunno
Look at a picture of same MB but with ARGB option, you may spot an empty place but getting an applicable chip is different matter, installing it may not work either because BIOS option would also be missing. If you need ARGB badly, there are dedicated controllers for it. For instance
https://www.razer.com/gaming-pc-accessories/razer-chroma-addressable-rgb-controller

Aug 12, 2024
Look at a picture of same MB but with ARGB option, you may spot an empty place but getting an applicable chip is different matter, installing it may not work either because BIOS option would also be missing. If you need ARGB badly, there are dedicated controllers for it. For instance
https://www.razer.com/gaming-pc-accessories/razer-chroma-addressable-rgb-controller
yeah controller help but i still think better if you have in your mb coz you could control it on software but not with that controller. cmiiw

yeah controller help but i still think better if you have in your mb coz you could control it on software but not with that controller. cmiiw
Most such independent controllers you can still use SW as they connect to MB via USB.
https://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerSynapse3/CHROMAARGBCONTROLLER-00003871-en.pdf
Chapter 3.
"Connect the ARGB controller to the internal USB header on the motherboard using the
included Micro-USB to USB pin header cable."