going for a custom build

kriegsgott

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
SO...never built a computer before but ive got a budget of about 1000 and looking to try my hand at it.

First off, I know I want an Asus motherboard, but when it comes to that I don't know much else about it....like the H87 Z97 or H97 chipsets idk the diff between them even after looking at their specs...secondly, would it be more wise to pick out a case first before going onto other things...

Also unsure how to go about knowing which fans and where to even put them or even powersupply and whatnot...I've got he graphics and the CPU decided on but if anyone has any build ideas or whatnot would be cool to see them...hoping for Nvidia or MSI (dunno which is better) gpu and intel i5.

Solution
If you are not overclocking the go with the H series but if you are the go with the Z series. The H97 or Z97 is specially made for the Haswell Refresh CPU like the i7-4790K Devils Canyon released early this year.

Yes usually get a case first. Like ATX, mATX, Full or Mid case and so on.

Power supply can be determined by what parts you have. Usually GPU take up the most.

Nvidia are more pensive than AMD.

PM me if you need help.
If you are not overclocking the go with the H series but if you are the go with the Z series. The H97 or Z97 is specially made for the Haswell Refresh CPU like the i7-4790K Devils Canyon released early this year.

Yes usually get a case first. Like ATX, mATX, Full or Mid case and so on.

Power supply can be determined by what parts you have. Usually GPU take up the most.

Nvidia are more pensive than AMD.

PM me if you need help.

Solution