Good computer part store in Montreal other than Microbytes?

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
Hi

I'm building a new system, and I prefer to buy parts in a local store rather than order online

I can get most of what I need at Microbytes in Montreal, but there are some components that they don't have. Do any of you know of other good computer parts store in the Montreal area?

Thanks

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Try CIPC -> CIPC
They built the computers for Mr.NET, and also i regularly buy parts from them and have been really satisfied. Good Pricing and also you can get advice from people who cater to the enthusiast crowd rather than to anybody who wants a computer.

Ah oui, en passant joyeuses fetes.;)

P.s.: Don't take the prices on the website as the latest ones, also goes for the products that are available, give them a call if you're looking for something that's not listed and for the latest prices.

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Try frostys they have some good prices.

http://www.frostys.qc.ca/

I wonder why->132 route 821 Kahnawake, Qc <-(Native American reservation) :roll:

BTW it's no diss to anyone, it's just that people i know who bought from them were told that there were no taxes and such on the products, hence the low price. But evading taxes IMO is just bad business.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
Just to give some feedback, I bought most of my new computer parts from Sohodiffusion.com and was very satisfied. Great prices (better than Microbytes).

pilot007

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Frosty's are not very good. Some of my friends had some problems with them for returns and other stuff. It'S true because I bought from them a system, and guess what? My second hard drive who cost me 250$ doesn't work. But I had just 7 days to return it, so I'm stick with it now after 8 days I bought the system. AND... I had a problem with the motherboard, so I had to pay 20$ to let them check if the motherboard works well after 2 days I bought it from them! So, like I said, it's not just me, my friends had trouble with them, so think twice. :pfff:

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
I am in the same situation as you, I am in Montreal and when I can't get my parts locally at Microbytes, I pretty much buy them online at NICX.CA. Good thing is you only pay one tax since they are in BC but their shipping fees are not exactly cheap. Anyways, I'd still recommend them as reliable, fast and they got a huge inventory and their prices are usually pretty good on most items. On occasion, I'll buy some items from Future shop. Once in a while they got really good sales on specifics items that are worth looking at if you need what's on sale.

zazzn

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Microbytes blows, I just had to buy a memory stick and a 1TB hd to recover some data that I lost.

Anyways, I paid 149 for the 1TB drive and the same drive in toronto at my normal store infonec is 115!

What bs... Stay away form the criminals and order online for free form infonec or www.canadacomputers.ca

josepepe

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Buying at Frosty's is not tax free. Khanawake being native territory leery of the Quebec and Federal governments does not collect taxes. I know companies who buy there pay the taxes directly and get credited for them when reselling. It is your duty to pay those taxes. So! there goes your bad business. Remit your taxes to CRA and Revenue Quebec and put up!