Good graphic card upgrade for my system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

unsung_0

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Hello,
I am looking to upgrade my graphics card without having to upgrade my components as I do not have the means to do so right now. Here are the specs of my setup:
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
Nvidia GT240 graphics card
AMD Athlon 5600+ dual core CPU
Windows home premium 64bit
Antec 600W PSU
NZXT Phantom 410 case

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you

monsta

Splendid
I've overclcocked many systems with 2 or 4 sticks and get the similar if not same results , stability counts with timings or if you are overclocking the memory, the op is not doing pro overclocking with liquid cooling , he is doing normal overclocking of the cpu on air. He doesnt need to spend more money replacing all his memory modules when he can just add another 4gb of the exact same memory and get decent results. Most systems you come by usually use 4 dimm slots in the real world. Tonytober are you here to troll with your rediculous comments of speculation?

unsung_0

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012

haha can you say OWNED?

tonytober

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Maybe for you, there are no differences because you don't overclock to the maximum. The performance between 2x4gb and 4x2gb is litterally different. The channel seperation is different. If you go over 4GHz we'll talk about it. Just saying. Try benchmarking.