Good Non-FPS Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would probably help if you try to describe the types of games you like.

Non FPS games I've played in the past couple of years (not a big gamer myself) are:

Mass Effect 1 - 3rd Person RPG
Mass Effect 2 - 3rd Person RPG
King's Bounty - Armored Princess - Fantasy Strategy/RPG
Galactic Civilization 2 - Space strategy game like an extremely more advanced Masters of Orion.

dimamu15

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
GTA, TrackMania, NFS, Juiced 2, Forza 3.
Track simulation lol? I have used to play it a lot on my older machine, but idr any good titles.
Sports maybe? I play FIFA\PES all year long.
Starcraft 2, Diablo 2, Dragon Age?

Go to some decent torrent website and look up games, not advising to download from there, but it will give you wider specter of available games. After you can look them up on youtube (IGN, gamespot has nice video reviews which will help a lot).

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

It is open word and very open to mods and added content. I've even seen a video on AOTS of someone who made an entire Predator mod for it. There has also been games where people have made huge structures such as ships from Star Trek, Firefly, Star Wars, ect. Just search for "Minecraft" on YouTube and you will get tons of results.

The beta 1.3 added some new features that would not be in most video's yet such as the bed that lets you skip the night and a new save format that does not restrict you to 5 saves anymore.

As for the point of the game it can change depending on the game mode. In basic survivor single player you just need to survive and collect resources. I have heard of possible coming modes like one where the map slowly starts to fill up with lava and you have to build a boat to survive to the end when it is nothing but an ocean of lava.

dimamu15

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

Yes. It is in browser, about 40 block(only blocks) available to build stuff. You can have a little bit of fun with multiplayer. Beta is much better tho.

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Oh, and for Sins of a Solar Empire you should know the company that made it decided to not ship it with copy protection (unlike Spore with SecuROM rootkit). But it still has had good sales because it is a good game.

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

Not totally true. Turbine has two MMO's that are micro-transaction based. Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online. I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons Online and it is good.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
From what I've seen of MMO's, it seems like you have to pay if you want to do anything good in them. It usually seems like the free version is so limited to what you can do. Not sure if this is true or not, just seems like that's usually the case.

galeener

Distinguished
I was talking about the newest ones . But yes DDO and LoTR are free to play.
I have both that I mess around with from time to time. I was hoping that DAoC would also go free some day but not very likely.
Rift I was in the Beta for and its pretty Wow like but still i had fun in the beta. It seemed a lot more finished than some of the betas I had been in before like WoW, Warhammer and Daoc. Also so a few others but not going to list everything.
I have ordered Home front so we will see how that one is also. Fallout 3 game of the year was interesting and so is New Vegas.
Well thats true to a point You can earn in game points that let you open up some of the paid parts of the game such as new maps/adventure quests, more inventory, more gold. This is the case with LoTR and DDo at least.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I just started playing LOTRO a couple weeks ago, I spent $6.50 on some points to buy and extra bag but could have gotten by without it. I don't know how far I can get without buying an expantion but it looks like a person could at least spend a few good months on the game without spending any money on the expansion packs.

Starcraft 2 is alot of fun. Hawx 2 looks pretty good so far, but I'm only 3 missions in. Slit Second is kind of cool, but has the feel of an arcade game and not a driving sim like Dirt 2. Alot of people seem to like Civ 5, personally I don't. Street Fighter IV is also alot of fun, but it may just be a nostalgia thing for be because I grew up playing SF2 in the arcades

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS