Google China Uncensors Tiananmen Square Info

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]Danielw719[/nom]Can a country declare war on a company? We will soon find out![/citation]

Declared or not it will be the first Cyber World War and I wouldn't want to put any money on the outcome. This is going to be one interesting story to follow.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]Holy crap this is big news. My Prediction: China is going to send in their ninjas. Google pirates will most likely have to jump ship. Oh well, guess I'm just going to have to wait to find out...[/citation]
Dude, ninjas are Japanese...

G

wow wow wooo......... ok? Tiananmen Square massacre is nothing new in china. we know that crap news long time ago. dont tell me you just knowing this by today in tomshardware.com or else why pull up these old news here? america news is just out of date. we got information from hongkong(by that time hk still colonies of england) and oversea. we all chinese know that **** happened in china 1989. but the answer from all of us the chinese. so what? no ******* chaos allow in that time(1989 china still really poor)to make it worst. as a chinese I would say **** that guy. stupd ******* try to bring revolution and democratic system to china without bring jobs there, if he success doing that. I bet western world will laugh out loud. but now what's more important is that usa is in cry-sis now. unnecessary war against iraq for nothing. american boys die for no reason in iraq. I hope you can train more ninja to kill more iraqi in the dark. is more funny that american needs to borrow money from china now and still try to talk **** about the chinese government. google is no mean businese anymore. google sounds more politics now. I dont think china needs google. what worry the chinese the most that usa needs to clean up what they **** after in iraqi. or else you have a long way to worry about crazy muslims planing a manhattan project in nyc. so the chinese government got no way to collect their debt back.
Edited for potty language, but not suppressed

G

You guys do realize no one uses Google in China, right? Baidu (which Google does own a small stake in, but it's a completely independent company that is welcomed by the Chinese government) controls an insane share of the market there, something like 90-95%.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Go get them!!!

[citation][nom]Danielw719[/nom]Can a country declare war on a company? We will soon find out![/citation]

The real question is: can google get some Russian ICBM complete with warheads?

G

I love bush, I love bush, bush is the most Intelligence president in the american history. we vote for bush because presdient bush's Intelligence is above more than 60 of americans. let's join my lovebushfanclub.gov or bushlovebigcar.net for free today.

nerdfarmer

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
LONG LIVE GOOGLE! Google = one of the best social/human rights advocacy/watch dog groups in existence

Let's see China try and hack Google again - Google will MESS... THEM... UP!

4ILY45

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]bushfans[/nom]I love bush, I love bush, bush is the most Intelligence president in the american history. we vote for bush because presdient bush's Intelligence is above more than 60 of americans. let's join my lovebushfanclub.gov or bushlovebigcar.net for free today.[/citation]
i really hope that you were sarcastic on that...

G

it's always funny to have all these commies come on and post that Tienanmen is old news when in reality not one of them have the balls to actually discuss it openly in China for fear of suddenly disappearing without a trace

commie official line, Tienanmen was a slight domestic disturbance, no one died, or at least of importance anyway, if you have a different opinion my friend over there in the secret police will be happy to talk with you

it's not about revolution it's simply that the people should have the right and access to the information to judge their government and hold them accountable for their actions

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Google's request will be directed as mentioned above and a warrant for several top Google execs will be issued and I pray that the Google Worker's in China don't get punish.

hennnry

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
[citation][nom]winner4455[/nom]I still think the guy who had the guts to stand in front of tanks is epic.[/citation]

But it's also poeple like this one who would commit 9/11. In term of their perceieved freedom, they are willing to do anything. It's just a matter of wether you are on his side or not.

hennnry

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
[citation][nom]korsen[/nom]Take him to a library. Show him the endless videos, books, internet articles, DVD's, posters, and so on. Why would a bunch of people make all that crap for no reason? There's no Tiananmen Square video game and there's no box office movie... I bet there's a mind-control chip though because anyone with a sack of free spirit can go "I cannot see the wind but I can feel it"[/citation]
Lots of Chinese poeple don't think Tiananmen Squre insidents is made up. But lots of Chinese don't care or don't think it's such a big deal. Because Chinese people had seen the horror and death brought by such "democratic movement" taking place in history as recent as 50, 60 years ago, and guess what happened, civil war and 38 million death.

Do you think it's better for 1000 to die or 38 million to die?

G

hennnry

baloney, it's not that they think it wasn't a big deal, it cause if you ever mention it your going be getting a visit from the secret police

no one has to die as long as the government doesn't go round shooting them...

i think a fair few chinese has seen the horrors of a corrupt government state who are not accountable to the people (just look at the forced relocation of Chinese from the 3 gorge damn area, or the seizure of land for conversion to economic zones) those who died @ Tienanmen was trying t prevent such atrocities from happening...

hennnry

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
thankme

Chinese poeple has never been afraid to stand up against a government that they deem unworthy. Look at the history, China had more uprising and wars than almost all other big countries.

But poeple have different views and values when they use to evaluate what's worthy, what's neccessary and what's tolerable government.

Just because you don't approve the government, doesn't mean others don't.

Just because you think the 3 gorge migration is not neccessary doesn't mean other poeple don't think it's neccessary.

Look at America, a couple of years ago, there was a protest and debate about a bunch of poeple living in east cost (new york I think) who were forced to move because the city needed to expand to their living area. And eventually, they made a law to force these poeple to move. And it's to be the benefit of the majority of poeple who lived there.

When government makes decision, they weigh the benefits not just for those few million poeple who had to move, but also a few hundred millions who would finally get much needed electricity, and therefore could possiblely get out of poverty. So if you have to make a decision, a few million VS a few hundred million, what would you do?

Would you A. let a few hundred million poeple suffer for a long time or B. let a few million people suffer for a short time?

All I'm saying is, don't use the value you are used to to judge the value others might posses. As soon as you start doing that, you aren't that different from the government you are so opposed to.

G

baloney, it's not that they think it wasn't a big deal, it cause if you ever mention it your going be getting a visit from the secret police.

is funny that you alway come up with this secret police assassins idea about china. you can talk about anything in china all in your life as long as you dont do anything anti government in action. what would think your country will do to you as if you secretly commie anti government action against your own country. you probably disappear in no time by your secret agency too. or they put you in the frontline news as terrorism? any anti government issue in american will claim as terrorism.

G

Americas (current) administration is too cowardly to do anything but bow to China.

It is GREAT that American corporations still believe in fundamental American values like freedom.

GO GOOGLE! I never thought I would say that! Google is fighting the good fight with Apple and China. Maybe Google really isn't evil.. maybe.

G

actually if you do not fear your government then you are a fool or have gobs of money to not care, if you can freely discuss whatever you like then why on earth is the internet censored.... because reality says you cant openly discuss things without repercussion, for instance would you write and publish an article that says that those who stood at Tienanmen did so to try and secure more rights for the Chinese people (which is what they were doing) then see how long you last, in a country where summary execution is allowed i would be very careful

as a eco-activist i actually commend the 3 gorge damn, very presumptions of you to think i did not agree with the goal, what i did not agree with is the forced relocation of people for what amounts to minimal compensation and literally no chance of making a livelihood, it's not like they were given a pass to hong kong or shanghai. I am unaware of the people in NY but im pretty sure they were rewarded competitively

also very presumptious of you to think i was American, because im not, i do agree with their anti-terrorism laws, in fact i do not agree with alot of what the Americans are doing, im a minority, but i have the freedom to outright criticize the government without fear of repercussion, i can claim that the USA commuted atrocities in another country and not disappear over night

so explain to me how mowing over a bunch of kids (they were merely university students) benefited the general populous ??? seeing as the goals of the student were not pro democracy (it only because a pro-democracy movement once the crack down started) but more rights for the people of china, i can really see how the Chinese benefited by having less rights....

baloney

G

re: tankme2
I understand you and respect your point. that the american system is more opening. what am saying is that what the chinese government doing right now is the right system for the chinese in this moment. the chinese system will change by time but not in a day or a month. do you know the different between midtown manhattan and bronx harlem? I believe different level of education in these two different area. they put more police in a lower education area stronger secure it. same it china. they have stronger law controlling billions low educa people there.
there are so many small country with no human rights in africa,

can you explain why the american choose to go to medeast iraq? is there anything in the medeast that worth to invest at? whereone in the world know that oil is not the goal they go after. I believe that american choose to going to iraq because what the did there today will save more life for tomorrow. am I right. yea? then american should aim high at africa tomorrow. because africa need more help from the world police. do you agree with me by going to iraq to save more human rights?
the american love the chinese to buy more bones from them. did they also send a message in the contract with the bones that they sell the the chinese with human rights problem in. something like if the chinese did not solve their freedom problem. then america will refuse any money from the chinese. why not?
if you can answer my question. than I will apologize to you what am saying is wrong.

G

i have to apologize because i had alot of difficulties trying to figure out what you were trying to get at, your english is a bit scrambled at times

Your example of Manhattan and Bronx is kinda sad, because if that were the case then it infers only the rich are allowed to make choices where as the poor are just to plain stupid to be allowed to have choices... frankly it's kinda insulting to the Chinese people to say that they are too stupid to know whats good for them cause they aren't educated so let the government make that choice for you

as to why America went into Iraq, that is more then obvious, it was oil. I believe it to be a sad injustice that America has no intention of helping out the mess in Africa (which arguably harbors a greater terrorism threat) because there is no profit for them

Im not entirely sure what you were getting at with the bones things, but greed is greed and yes plenty of American companies through greed used Chinese dollars to bolster their position only to be burned during the financial turmoil, but you know what those companies aren't exactly the kinda companies i want to do business with, they were using Chinese dollars to exploit people, which i feel is wrong. i would not invest or take investments from a source i believe to be ethically challenged but unfortunately corporate America just like the Chinese government runs on greed

i hope not everything is run on greed and that accumulation of wealth is the prime factor behind all choices, it is why googles stance is refreshing, they may not be the shinning example of all things good, but it's a step in the right direction

G

sadly google homepage is now fully blocked. cant be accessed and am speaking from mainland. hopefully this gets posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.