Question Google chrome and apps slow to open but then run fine when they do?

Feb 19, 2019
I'm not positive this is a storage issue so please point me in the right direction if you can but this issue started happening around when my SSD filled up, I then cleared 120gb from the 500gb SSD but everything is still slow to open

I have a decently fast computer (Video Card: gtx 1060 6gb, CPU: Ryzen 5 1600, RAM: 16gb 3000mhz corsair vengeance) that I built last year but recently it has been extremely slow to open apps and games, especially google chrome. I Used to be able to click chrome and the window would pop up almost instantly, now for some reason I click it then have to wait about 10 seconds before the window pops up. Once it is open it seems to run fine but this lag is rather annoying. Spotify and discord are the same way, Spotify will even say "not responding" about 5 seconds in after I click the icon and then opens after another 3-5 seconds. Can anyone please tell me where this issue might be coming from? I did a boot-time virus scan, ccleaner, malwarebytes scan, but nothing seemed to help.

Open task manager and then see what happens when you try to open a program. A full ssd will cause horrific slowdown but 120gb free will not cause this. My ssd got so full one time that windows crashed and was sooo slow on reboot i couldnt right click on any desktop files to delete them without the sytem going not responding. I had to plug the ssd into another pc and delete some files to solve this. This could be malware but if malwarebytes didnt find any this likely isnt the issue.

Feb 19, 2019
Open task manager and then see what happens when you try to open a program. A full ssd will cause horrific slowdown but 120gb free will not cause this. My ssd got so full one time that windows crashed and was sooo slow on reboot i couldnt right click on any desktop files to delete them without the sytem going not responding. I had to plug the ssd into another pc and delete some files to solve this. This could be malware but if malwarebytes didnt find any this likely isnt the issue.
I do have 100 background processes is that not normal? 5% cpu usage and 30% ram. Ending tasks works fine.