Google Hires Ray Kurzweil as Director of Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I know this is totally off-topic, but Google should totally buy AMD.
Just imagine the money they could pour into R&D.. In a few years AMD could have their serious face on and nobody would be laughing.

misterawsome

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I know this is totally off-topic, but Google should totally buy AMD.Just imagine the money they could pour into R&D.. In a few years AMD could have their serious face on and nobody would be laughing.[/citation]
you sir have a brilliant mind

COLGeek

Cybernaut
...and so Skynet was born from the bowels of Google.

Lets maintain our perspective and decorum here folks. There is enough hate on the forum as it is.

Laugh a little. Makes the day better all around.

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
This is the same guy that made the sound synthesis engine behind the Kurzweil pc88...freakin amazing keyboard during it's time...

troutmask

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]I look forward to seeing what Ray Kurzweil can come up with over the next few thousand years.[/citation]

Look what he did the last few thousand years. Sure, the Dark Ages sucked a bit, but the Renaissance sure paid off.

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I know this is totally off-topic, but Google should totally buy AMD.Just imagine the money they could pour into R&D.. In a few years AMD could have their serious face on and nobody would be laughing.[/citation]

I certainly wouldn't mind having a Google processor.

Cool as that might be they would be much more likely to delve into ARM world as so much of their software runs on it

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I am more excited at what Ray will do with Google's policy of workers working on what they want and like 20% of their time.
Internet projected into the retina and commanded directly by the brain, here we come!

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Google and AMD sounds cool, BUT I WANT DEATHRAYS! who needs to have a legal battle with apple when you can burn those damn hipsters to the ground?

mpioca

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
Google has become such a great company over the last few years. It's always good to hear such innovators teaming up!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
as much as i would love to see the injection of cash to amd and google's innovation it is the same reason nobody has bought VIA.. they do very little with thier x86 license and some people even here would have to search for VIA to even realise they are A. a company and B. also have an x86 license... they would have been bought out many years ago if it were transferable

still excited to see kurzweil hired by google. I have enjoyed his books

richarduk

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
[citation][nom]misterawsome[/nom]you sir have a brilliant mind[/citation]
star[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I know this is totally off-topic, but Google should totally buy AMD.Just imagine the money they could pour into R&D.. In a few years AMD could have their serious face on and nobody would be laughing.[/citation]

Start an online campain? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.