Google Says Windows is Torturing Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

geofry

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Just here hold still for a second let me put this collar around your neck and attach it to this chain. You didn't really want any responsibility anyway right? Honestly it's for your own good. Trust us.

Uh...how about go blow a goat Google.

G

Call us when we can run Crysis on your OS. Arrogant google is arrogant.

G

The only Windows tortured was my wallet when I bought the full instal of Windows 7 Ultimate. :)

G

ACK! Need.. more.. coffee.. fingers.. not.. working.. yet..

EDIT: The only thing Windows tortured was my wallet when I bought the full install of Windows 7 Ultimate. :)

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Totally... I just HATE setting up my rig exactly the way I like it! Screw it, I'm gonna hand the control over to Google! But wait... can they run Crysis? ;)

Ok, seriously now. We WANT this control and complexity. And we DON'T want desktop/laptop OSs dumbed down to the same level as phone OSs.

"The key to Chrome OS is in its simplicity to the user. The data storage, applications, and even system updates are all done by Google in the cloud. In theory, this should free IT from having to deal with lost data, backups and outdated software."

So, basically, Google takes away all the fun from using a computer? How predictable. This may be suitable for business users, but then, again, for them even an outdated Celeron rig with MS Office 2003 is enough.

Only an idiot will go for the cloud when it doesn't bring any benefits. Basically they're just trying to make everyone use the Internet as much as possible. As if the fact that no software can be legally used nowadays without the Internet is not enough! OS registration, updates, software registration... now add the fact of just running an OS to that list.

Go, zombies... take off the "burden" of managing your computer - Google will do it for you! Just don't be surprised when it turns out the way Google thinks it should be done isn't really the same as yours.

Honestly, Google's becoming as bad as Apple - SUDDENLY, without any users complaining, managing your own system becomes uncool and everything should move to a cloud. If the majority of the computer users wouldn't be so uneducated, this new trend wouldn't even exist. But no, since everyone is so stupid, any company can create just about any stupid service/product, advertise it a bit, and everything will sell...

Ask that question yourself - do YOU need a cloud? Why? Are you ready to accept the fact that your data isn't yours anymore? Are you ready to let Google decide what's best for you? If not - forget about Chrome OS.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
And FB is in trouble for wanting to push negative articles about Google....

...But G is quite OK with doing it to anyone ELSE???

To me, THIS is a negative article about G being pushed by G. ;-)

pepeda

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I don't think Google OS is less secure than other systems.

Anyway, it's easy to say things without justification, reports or statistics.

G

He didn't say "nodoby" wants to manage their computer, he said "most people" and judging by iPad sales, he's probably right. Most people don't read Tom's Hardware either.

chaos133

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I can see in around 5 to 10 years time story's about how everyone's Cloud based data got hacked and deleted.

Cloud based computing will never be as stable and reliable as having your own local Programs and Data.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Sure maybe they can, but I find it extremely hard to believe 75% of business users would WANT to be converted right away. You ever notice that every "service" Google offers is always a way to collect and archive more data from their users? I bet these Chromebooks are going to be junk.

There's no way I'm letting Googles cloud manage any of my important documents, sorry.

pepeda

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]And FB is in trouble for wanting to push negative articles about Google.......But G is quite OK with doing it to anyone ELSE??? To me, THIS is a negative article about G being pushed by G. ;-)[/citation]

Compare what FB tried to do with this... WTF

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
After the Sony debacle and their cloud, I think I'll be keeping my data locally on redundant external backups.

I'll continue to use Google Gmail/Docs, but their solution just can't run today's entertainment (i.e. games). Heck, Apple can hardly do that at this point and Linux/Wine is a headache.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Summary of comments: I'm an experienced computer scientist geek and since I can handle my computer everyone should.

Get real. Most users have no idea how to maintain their Win/PC and have to (try to) rely on (shudder) Geek Squad or buying a new one every 2 years. (I'm still trying to fully straighten out my son's computer from a Geek squad hit his mother sicked on it. - you wouldn't believe the random, pointless s**t they installed.)

lradunovic77

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I thought i will never read such stupid statement from Google. I guess it is part of Marketing so at least i understand that part. Google, people don't want cloud storage and they don't care about your ChromeOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.