Google Says Windows is Torturing Users

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]malphas[/nom]Oh, sorry for being an asshole, read your post as sarcasm then realised it wasn't. This thread has me on edge for some reason. Apologies.[/citation]

No harm, no foul. Would have used //sarcasm brackets btw if i had meant it to be that.....have a nice day ;)

roagie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
OK Sony's servers just got gutted not more than two months ago.... How is placing user accounts on the cloud a good idea? This is nothing more than a huge open/active directory that's just as susceptible as any other server out there to attack (even more so now that they painted a huge target on their back).

Also, let's talk torture once the server bank and other services get targeted with simple attacks that go after bandwidth.

"Sorry boss I can't get you that TPS report, it's on the cloud and the cloud busy at the moment."

"No sir, I'm not sure when they'll be up, but I think it will be as soon as anonymous is tired of bending them over for privacy violations."

Please read the other excellent comments posted as to why this is a bad idea..... these were just the first two that popped into my head...

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
The complexity of Windows is not a torture, but rather a welcomed asset!
What's torture is unneccessary background activity slowing down the pc and hardware, slowing older hardware.
THAT's torture!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
hmm and i bet hitler and stalin thought US tortured it's citizens with freedom of choice too.

sorry google what you call torture sounds more like choice to me , what you call "freeing" users from IT concerns sounds like tyrany only the likes of what apple users get to see Ie you control content and storatge of every thing on your crapboo.. i mean chromebooks.

sorry i didn't bite the hook with apple , not about to bite your hook either.

youpcmonkeysblow

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Flynn_Serlant[/nom]Wow... sounds like Google is taking a few pages from Apple's playbook.[/citation]
uh yeah, if they want to make a f#ckload of money for their shareholders and introduce some of the most revolutionary products of our time. dont make the envy quite so obvious, ya PC groupie!

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Windows isn’t the best operating system but Chrome OS isn’t really an alternative, both are built on two different concepts. Personally I prefer to take advantage of the best from both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS