Question GPD Micro PC doesn't charge and doesn't boot to windows

neilmeurs

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Left the gpd micro pc on sleep mode for 1 day and the device stopped working after that. The battery doesnt charge and when windows boots it shuts down directly.
Tried charging for a long time but didnt help, I also don't have a screwdriver to open it up (requires a very tiny one). There were people who had troubles with the battery but they still could get windows booting. Does anybody know what these GPD factory errors and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Feb 7, 2020
Left the gpd micro pc on sleep mode for 1 day and the device stopped working after that. The battery doesnt charge and when windows boots it shuts down directly.
Tried charging for a long time but didnt help, I also don't have a screwdriver to open it up (requires a very tiny one). There were people who had troubles with the battery but they still could get windows booting. Does anybody know what these GPD factory errors and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
That is a common issue with this POS. The battery died, happened to me as well.

neilmeurs

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
GPD had to send me a replacement battery, which I had to install myself.
But after 3 months of use? that is not normal but when plugged in I still can't boot to windows so I will try to disconnect it wait for an hour and then reconnect it and see if that helps. thx for the comment.

Feb 7, 2020
Apparently,the battery issue for affected devices only needs to completely discharge to manifest. Mine occurred within the first 5 weeks.

neilmeurs

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Apparently,the battery issue for affected devices only needs to completely discharge to manifest. Mine occurred within the first 5 weeks.

Can I use GPD win 2 battery for this micro pc? If I can the replacement is cheaper and the internal battery will be better.