[SOLVED] GPU and CPU Usage Drop along with FPS

Aug 12, 2020
I'm attempting to squeeze as much power out of my decent gaming pc as possible but while gaming ,in VR mostly, along with other games I will get random 10-15sec snips of FPS drop. Like cut in half.
I used MSI Afterburner to monitor and its apparent that my GPU,CPU usage drop and my FPS drops along with it. I have pictures as well if it will help. Also my Temps are in check, neither see above 65 degrees I'm wondering what some possible causes of this FPS drop could be. Thank you for any response!

Games its Obvious:

Assetocorsa Competizione VR
Boneworks VR
DCS World VR
COD MW
American and Euro Truck Simulator VR

I'm not attempting to run these games at like top of the line graphics either. They run upwards of the 90 frame cap in VR but will drop every so often.

Also my GPU and CPU usage are rarely at 100 percent anyway. Im not sure if they are supposed to be when trying to get the most power out of them or what. Thanks again!

PC Specs:

Z270 Pro
16gb DDR4 2400mhz HyperX 2x8gb
RTX 2060 ROG STRIX OC
i7-6700
800watt PSU

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

800 is the wattage, we don't know the make and model of the PSU and it's age. Include that bit there. Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're on?

Take note of which OS version you're on(assuming you're on Windows 10) and you can try using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Reinstall with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

800 is the wattage, we don't know the make and model of the PSU and it's age. Include that bit there. Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're on?

Take note of which OS version you're on(assuming you're on Windows 10) and you can try using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Reinstall with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution