[SOLVED] GPU clock speed stuck at 270 mhz

Mar 12, 2021
Hello, my gpu clock speeds have been stuck at 270 mhz along with memory at 405 mhz. This never happened before, and it really is irritating. Sometimes it doesnt happen until I open a game, but even after closing it is is stuck at 270 mhz. I have tried reinstalling my drivers, though it didnt do anything. This also didnt happen until I upgraded my OS to windows 10 from windows 8.1.
Specs: GT 705 1024mb,i5 4460, 4gb DDR3 memory, windows 10 64 bit.

Solution
You can try going into the Nvidia control panel and setting maximum performance under 3D settings. Also checking the settings under Windows Power Options.

Also upgrade your drivers if you haven't, letting Windows do it will get an occasional update, but not the latest.

GT705 is barely a GPU, you would be better off removing it and running off the Intel graphics and maybe adding a little more system memory.

Or buying a used GPU like like a GT730, GT740, R5-230, R7-240, RX550, etc.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can try going into the Nvidia control panel and setting maximum performance under 3D settings. Also checking the settings under Windows Power Options.

Also upgrade your drivers if you haven't, letting Windows do it will get an occasional update, but not the latest.

GT705 is barely a GPU, you would be better off removing it and running off the Intel graphics and maybe adding a little more system memory.

Or buying a used GPU like like a GT730, GT740, R5-230, R7-240, RX550, etc.

Solution