Question GPU crashes after few minutes of playing games

Mar 13, 2021
Hi, so I have this problem with my GPU that I recently bought (for me, it was an upgrade). It's working well until I start some game. For about 5 to 10 minutes it's all good, but then it crashes, the GPU disconnects and I'm left with black monitor screen saying "No input signal", and I'm forced to manually restart my PC. I can still hear sounds from the game but neither the mouse or keyboard does not react.

My specs:
MB: MSI Gaming 970
CPU: AMD FX-8320
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 560 4GB
PSU: some ZS series 750W

Here is what I've already tried:
Complete driver reinstall (with both AMD cleanup and DDU)
Tried different versions of software: AMD Radeon software 20.11.12 (tried installing with and without AMD software slimmer), 19.12.2 and 18.3.4

I've already read a lot of threads about this problem and it's solution, but none of them worked for me.

Before this GPU, I've had AMD R7 7850 GB which worked just fine for couple of years, but then, I decided that I want to make a little upgrade so I brought the RX 560.

Does anyone knows how make it work?
Thanks for all replies <3

Mar 13, 2021
Temperature is about 60°C, fans are spinning, then I get some color changes on the screen and then black screen.
My monitor has only DVI-D (which I'm currently using) and VGA input and the GPU has also DVI, HDMI and Display Port.
Do you think I should try some HDMI-VGA / DP-VGA adapter or something like that?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021
Temperature is about 60°C, fans are spinning, then I get some color changes on the screen and then black screen.
My monitor has only DVI-D (which I'm currently using) and VGA input and the GPU has also DVI, HDMI and Display Port.
Do you think I should try some HDMI-VGA / DP-VGA adapter or something like that?
So I've just tried running HDMI from GPU to DVI and still havinh the same issue

Mar 13, 2021
Ok, I might've found the solution <3. So the GPU is Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 560 4GB OC, the OC is important because it means that the card is already in "boost" mode when you buy it (at least I think it is xD) which seemed to be the problem in my case. I just downloaded and run MSI Afterburner and instead of overclocking (which is what this program is for) I used it to "under"clock the GPU. Basically I turned the core clock down to 1175 MHz and memory clock to 1750, which is default for the non OC version of this GPU. It all seems to work just fine now.

TRENDING THREADS