yoch

Honorable
Aug 19, 2014
Ok, I have a brand new Acer laptop which I purchased last December. It has the following specs

Win 10 home 64 bit
Inter core i7-9 Gen CPU
Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti GPU
16 GB DDR4 RAM

So the problem started last week when I was playing a video game when suddenly my PC froze up and then restarted. It started going into the 'automatic repair' loop with windows unable to boot. Did a windows reinstall. Everything seemingly worked fine after, until I proceeded to install Nvidia's drivers. It would BSOD (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; KERNEL_SECURITY_FAILURE) every time it tried to install. Tried several different versions of drivers but the same result. Currently my system is utilizing Intel's onboard graphics chipset (UHD 630) which is not giving any problems with its drivers. All the other drivers I'm able to install and update just fine. I've even updated all of them and even my system BIOS.
None of it has done anything about this issue and I'm beginning to suspect a faulty GPU. But thought I'd take a second opinion here. I'm not too worried because if it is the GPU, I can hand it over for repairs/replacement as its still under warranty.

Would also post the memory dump files windows has created but someone guide me on it as have never posted it before.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/ for dump posts.

So the BSOD ONLY occurs when installing the GPU drivers? If that's the case I don't think the dump files would be necessary, and I would sooner look at a potentially faulty GPU too - if it is under warranty, I would get them to repair it rather than spend a lot of time trying to diagnose it, when it is more than likely, a GPU problem.

Solution