[SOLVED] GPU fan gets extremely loud and both my monitors shut down but stay powered on whenever i try to play any video game on my pc

Aug 10, 2021
so i got this computer off some dude in the facebook market which i now regret doing but i dont have money to buy a brand new rig, so can someone help me with this ?? i checked temps and both cpu and gpu are around 60-70 degrees when this occurs, and i already tried a DDU, please help bruh
specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Motherboard MSI p55m-gd45
GPU EVGA GTX 770

Solution
you shouldn't be mixing RAM kits to get this odd 12GB.
you have either an 8GB + 4GB
or 3x 4GB.
you only want to use memory that came tested & packaged together.

first thing to try;
take out whatever the odd stick(s) of memory is and try it using only a single packaged kit.
you shouldn't be mixing RAM kits to get this odd 12GB.
you have either an 8GB + 4GB
or 3x 4GB.
you only want to use memory that came tested & packaged together.

first thing to try;
take out whatever the odd stick(s) of memory is and try it using only a single packaged kit.

Solution
Ok, so I had a similar issue and I hope this can solve it. When playing games, if my cpu reached a hot enough temp, 75c, bang... everything would turn off like yours, keyboard and mouse as well. As far as I am aware by buying a cheap used pc, the motherboard is highly likely to be the culprit as I had a cheap motherboard with poor VRM cooling, so my VRMs constantly overheat when my cpu reached 75c. After buying a new cooler the problem went away, and I switched out the mobo, did some tests and I was correct