[SOLVED] GPU fan speed goes up and down (from 0Rpm to 1400Rpm)

Solution
Your GPU supports fan stop/0db/ silent mode or whatever they call it depending on the manufacturer. Essentially, it stops the fans when the temperature is below a certain temperature threshold and above that, they use a normal fan curve.

Your GPU is almost idle, it still needs to show the video call, decode, render for windows, etc. That's why it starts the fans to cool it below that threshold but since it's light work, it cools fast and then warms up again to restart them.

You can either disable the fan stop function so they will always spin at minimum speed below that temperature threshold, or you can make a custom fan curve.
Your GPU supports fan stop/0db/ silent mode or whatever they call it depending on the manufacturer. Essentially, it stops the fans when the temperature is below a certain temperature threshold and above that, they use a normal fan curve.

Your GPU is almost idle, it still needs to show the video call, decode, render for windows, etc. That's why it starts the fans to cool it below that threshold but since it's light work, it cools fast and then warms up again to restart them.

You can either disable the fan stop function so they will always spin at minimum speed below that temperature threshold, or you can make a custom fan curve.

Solution
Jan 5, 2020

Thank you . How do I disable the fan stop function?
And can this damage my gpu ?(if the fan speed goes up and down?)

The fan stop can be disabled either by a switch on the GPU, changing the BIOS (BIOS switch), or by the manufacturer's software. For example if it's Asus, they have the Asus Tweak utility which has a button for enabling/disabling 0db function.
What's yours?

It's nor good, nor bad for the fans to start and stop. They usually outlive the longevity of the GPU and if they fail sooner it's something very cheap to replace. If I were you I would leave it as is, except if you are annoyed by it.