Question GPU Fan spinning like crazy

Oct 15, 2021
I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce 8GB GPU. Whenever I play certain games like New World or Apex Legends or even something small like Valheim, my gpu fans spin like crazy. I had a visual on the GPU fans rpm. It goes from 1500RPM to 2500RPM randomly. I tried to use MSI Afterburner to cap the fan speed at 60% but it went over the capped limit anyways. Anyone have a solution?

InvalidError

Titan
Fans going to 100% usually means one of two things:
  • something has gone wrong with the fan control, so it defaults to 100% to reduce the possibility of something overheating as much as possible
  • the GPU is overheating, so your fan curve gets ignored

Check your GPU hot-spot temperature, maybe there is a problem with contact between the GPU and its HSF.

Oct 15, 2021
Fans going to 100% usually means one of two things:
  • something has gone wrong with the fan control, so it defaults to 100% to reduce the possibility of something overheating as much as possible
  • the GPU is overheating, so your fan curve gets ignored
Check your GPU hot-spot temperature, maybe there is a problem with contact between the GPU and its HSF.
My max temps are at 80-85 degrees while playing games. I think thats the normal temp for a 2070 to be at. Other games its fine and my GPU doesn't spin like crazy and ignore fan curve.