Question GPU fan spins 100% and no display randomly

Ferminator

Commendable
May 12, 2020
Hi, so basically my PC has been crashing at random times lately (GPU fan spins 100% and there's no display, but there is still audio out)

It happens when I started a few games like AC II, AC Syndicate, ETS 2, and other silly programs like just opening Steam profile tab and a chrome site.

This issue has became frequent this last 2 months and I've tried reapplying thermal paste, reinstalling the latest driver, and changing the PSU cables connecting to the GPU..

The problem is I ran FurMark for about 20 minutes without any issue, is this simply power spike issue that the old PSU cannot handle or the GPU just dying?

Specs:
  • Intel Core i7 4770K stock
  • MSI H87 G43 Gaming
  • 16GB RAM
  • GTX 770 reference
  • FSP Aurum Gold 650W (maybe this is the problem)

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Ferminator

Commendable
May 12, 2020
Hi, so basically my PC has been crashing at random times lately (GPU fan spins 100% and there's no display, but there is still audio out)

It happens when I started a few games like AC II, AC Syndicate, ETS 2, and other silly programs like just opening Steam profile tab and a chrome site.

This issue has became frequent this last 2 months and I've tried reapplying thermal paste, reinstalling the latest driver, and changing the PSU cables connecting to the GPU..

The problem is I ran FurMark for about 20 minutes without any issue, is this simply power spike issue that the old PSU cannot handle or the GPU just dying?

Specs:
  • Intel Core i7 4770K stock
  • MSI H87 G43 Gaming
  • 16GB RAM
  • GTX 770 reference
  • FSP Aurum Gold 650W (maybe this is the problem)
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
[EDIT] So I have solved the issue just by setting up GPU power limit to 90% in MSI Afterburner. Is this issue commonly related to the PSU?