Question GPU fans stuck at 100% rpm, only follows fan curve after GPU has been running for for a while ?

Jul 30, 2022
GPU: GIGABYTE AMD RADEON RX 6600 XT
CPU: RYZEN 5 5600X
MOBO: MSI GAMING PRO CARBON AC

My situation is pretty unique in that I have never seen anyone else on the internet encounter my issue. Basically what the title says. GPU fan will ramp up to 100% initially when playing gpu intensive games, and the fans typically cut in from their zero rpm state at temperatures above 55 degrees celsius. Funny thing is HWInfo will show it running at 33% (minimum fan speed for this series of cards), while GPU-Z will show it running at 44%. After playing a gpu intensive game like modern warfare for about half an hour or so, the fans will finally quieten down and start following my fan curve. At this point, HWInfo will be showing the correct fan speed according to what I have set in the fan curve in Adrenalin software while GPU-Z will continue to show a percentage that is not in accordance with my fan curve. And might I add, I'm not entirely sure if it actually runs at 100% rpm given that HWInfo and GPU-Z says otherwise, but the noise generated is so loud that I'm confident that it runs at 100% rpm.

Also might I add, the noise is mainly generated from the middle fan. When I manually stop the middle fan from spinning using my finger, the noise goes away, thus making me think that only the middle fan is running at 100%, while the 2 other fans are running at their set speeds.

Things I have tried to solve this issue:
  • Using DDU and resintalling drivers, even rolling back to older versions
  • Taking apart GPU, cleaning fans, making sure all pwm connections are solid, cleaning out the fans, reapplying thermal paste for GPU
  • Trying third party software like MSI afterburner but to no avail
  • Resetting CMOS
Anyone has a plausible explanation as to why this happens? And especially on HWInfo and GPU-Z reporting the wrong information initially when the GPU fans run at 100%.

GPU: GIGABYTE AMD RADEON RX 6600 XT
CPU: RYZEN 5 5600X
MOBO: MSI GAMING PRO CARBON AC

My situation is pretty unique in that I have never seen anyone else on the internet encounter my issue. Basically what the title says. GPU fan will ramp up to 100% initially when playing gpu intensive games, and the fans typically cut in from their zero rpm state at temperatures above 55 degrees celsius. Funny thing is HWInfo will show it running at 33% (minimum fan speed for this series of cards), while GPU-Z will show it running at 44%. After playing a gpu intensive game like modern warfare for about half an hour or so, the fans will finally quieten down and start following my fan curve. At this point, HWInfo will be showing the correct fan speed according to what I have set in the fan curve in Adrenalin software while GPU-Z will continue to show a percentage that is not in accordance with my fan curve. And might I add, I'm not entirely sure if it actually runs at 100% rpm given that HWInfo and GPU-Z says otherwise, but the noise generated is so loud that I'm confident that it runs at 100% rpm.

Also might I add, the noise is mainly generated from the middle fan. When I manually stop the middle fan from spinning using my finger, the noise goes away, thus making me think that only the middle fan is running at 100%, while the 2 other fans are running at their set speeds.

Things I have tried to solve this issue:
  • Using DDU and resintalling drivers, even rolling back to older versions
  • Taking apart GPU, cleaning fans, making sure all pwm connections are solid, cleaning out the fans, reapplying thermal paste for GPU
  • Trying third party software like MSI afterburner but to no avail
  • Resetting CMOS
Anyone has a plausible explanation as to why this happens? And especially on HWInfo and GPU-Z reporting the wrong information initially when the GPU fans run at 100%.
Does your gpu have a bios switch if so try updating the main bios, "bios one which the card should came set to, if this fails switch the card to backup bios, bios two which is the exact same and try running on that one if this works properly clone that bios and see if you can set bios 1 back to default. But never try messing with the second bios or backup bios this crashes the card is gone for good if there is a flaw in bios 1

Jul 30, 2022
Nope it doesnt have a bios switch. Just started the PC 5 mins before writing this reply and the fan is loud af! Hope the sound goes down as it usually does in 30 mins. Any other solutions?