Question GPU heat pipe corrosion ?

devo343

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
So i have a MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Video Card GTX 1660 VENTUS XS 6G OC. I've had it for about 6 months and recently its started to show Splotches of both light brown and a little green.

I live in a high humidity area so i know that high humidity can cause this. Is there a way to fix this? This gpu is under warranty till 2024 so. But i don't wanna go through the whole return process if its just something minor and can be ignored.

Picture
View: https://imgur.com/a/APk0YAI

devo343

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
So someone told me i should just use copper lacquer on it what is the process of cleaning I don't wanna damage it. Or do i just put the lacquer on it and let it dry and be done with it

So someone told me i should just use copper lacquer on it what is the process of cleaning I don't wanna damage it. Or do i just put the lacquer on it and let it dry and be done with it
Clean it up with a little rubbing alcohol before the lacquer and it will stick better....but I think lacquer is a little overboard/
I think that if you didn't do anything to it....it would be fine.....for a very long time.

devo343

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
Clean it up with a little rubbing alcohol before the lacquer and it will stick better....but I think lacquer is a little overboard/
I think that if you didn't do anything to it....it would be fine.....for a very long time.
IDK the GPU is only about 6 months old and it's all ready doing this so I'm kinda concerned about the longevity of the pipe I plan on sticking with the gpu till at least the Warranty is over