[SOLVED] GPU issue HELP

Feb 17, 2020
So Hi everyone i have a very big problem with my pc If anyone could help me would BE the most wonderful person.
The big problem is that my graphics card (2070 founders ED) constantly crashed when I play consist games such as call of duty or apex but apps In background still work so I can talk with my friends on discord while I am on black screen and the fans of the GPU start dooing like crazy.
In first thought I was pretty sure was a temperature Issue but I am certain it's not becouse I downloaded the engine of MSI and temperatures are about 60 grades and I set the max temperature at 81 so actually i Think Its not a temperature Issue I also controlled CPU and it stays below 45 grades.
So I think the problem it is the power supply witch is a 650w (3yers old) of the itek witch also do not have an 8 pin just a 2 of 4 pin connected to an adaptor bought in Amazon for 10€.
The option of a motherboard broken it's impossible becouse I assemble it as new 1 month ago(x470 msi Max) and i had the problem in another mother board
Does anyone has my same problems ?? Or know what is the problem (Asus h270f)please help me

Solution
It really seems like power and your PSU should have power table on its side.
Peaks for that card are around 215W check the table on your PSU to see IF it can survive such.
You should be able to check if that's the problem, lock FPS at 45 or 60 and set graphics to low.
If game will work, then your PSU just cannot provide enough juice.

Second guess would be your card was very poorly pasted and cooling is not reaching all modules.
This way you get low temps (as where its checked temps are fine, but something does not get cooling at all & probably thermally shutdown. (this matches better to your problem, as power failure means reboot & shutdown in most cases, but first is easier to check)

last thing would be drivers, windows break...
It really seems like power and your PSU should have power table on its side.
Peaks for that card are around 215W check the table on your PSU to see IF it can survive such.
You should be able to check if that's the problem, lock FPS at 45 or 60 and set graphics to low.
If game will work, then your PSU just cannot provide enough juice.

Second guess would be your card was very poorly pasted and cooling is not reaching all modules.
This way you get low temps (as where its checked temps are fine, but something does not get cooling at all & probably thermally shutdown. (this matches better to your problem, as power failure means reboot & shutdown in most cases, but first is easier to check)

last thing would be drivers, windows break things a lot, problem might be as simple as broken windows update
(so reinstall drivers from Nvidia home, latest with clean install).

Reactions: V1c7orFIERO
Solution
Feb 17, 2020
Thanks @rdslwfor replying me your help is very helpful to me as you said if I set all to low and lock fps my graphic card work perfectly but actually I stream and play 144 fps at high quality in pretty much every game I play so I will try a new PSU if I still have same problems I will make a refund and try seeing the thermic paste application I will write when I will tryed with a new PSU thanks again for your help

Reactions: Rdslw

TRENDING THREADS