Question GPU Memory overclock +700 on 1050gtx

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi, I'm trying to overclock my MSI 1050gtx for some reason... and the core clock is stable till +200mhz.. but the memory is already +700 and everything seems to be fine. Is it an ok situation? should I continue to increase it? Can it be dangerous? I'm waiting it to crash but it won't, I'm hoping it won't just die at first place

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
GPUs won't "die" from increasing clocks, only voltage. And a 1050 isn't going to let you touch the voltage.

Are you actually stress-testing the GPU to verify as "stable"?
well the voltage slider is not grayed-out and I put it on 100. but, I've another tests and ended with +170 core, +500 memory, but it gives me only +~5fps which is useless, so I reseted all to defaults and continued to live a life.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
well the voltage slider is not grayed-out and I put it on 100. but, I've another tests and ended with +170 core, +500 memory, but it gives me only +~5fps which is useless, so I reseted all to defaults and continued to live a life.

Doesn't actually mean it does anything though. AFAIK, 1050's are locked down from a voltage standpoint and, even sliding that slider to the end, isn't going to impact the actual voltage provided to the card.

Needless to say, OCing isn't suddenly going to double your framerate. ~5FPS in a given title is a little underwhelming, but you never know what that might mean in another title.

If you don't need it though, then running at stock isn't a problem.