GPU: 1060 6gb gaming x
cpu: i74790k @4.4 ghz
ram: 2x 8gb (16gb) dual channel corsair dominator ddr3 2400mhz
MOBO; maximus hero vi intel z87
PSU; corsair Hx1000i 1000w
Arctic Continuous Freezer Unit CPU cooler
max load temp for cpu is 65c
and maxload temp for gpu is 68c

everything on paper is running fine, but when i do userbenchmark my gpu says its underperforming greatly. says its in the 30th percentile of the same card tested. My fps on battlefeild 1 is literally 30-50 no matter if im on ultra or low, on bf5 i can pull a bit more like high 40s to mid 60s on low settings. i have control panel optimized, high performance mode for exe., gpu scheduling, priority set to high through task manager and still cannot increase the fps on most games. i am running Rivatuner overlay and my GPU SAYS 99-100% and cpu is at 20-60% depending on the game. any idea why i getting such low fps?
1080p resolution on a 165hz monitor

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Using userbenchmark in that context isn't of any use. It has its uses, but in that format, no one can infer anything. Provide the public link.

Gpu core clock
Gpu memory clock
Power and voltage readings
Performance Cap Reasons
Take some time monitoring those using HWINFO or Gpu-Z(sensors tab). The clock might be stuck at a low value, power and voltage readings might be missing(or also stuck) entirely, or Vram capacity could be read as 0GB.

Reactions: KyaraM
Jul 17, 2022
Using userbenchmark in that context isn't of any use. It has its uses, but in that format, no one can infer anything. Provide the public link.

Gpu core clock
Gpu memory clock
Power and voltage readings
Performance Cap Reasons
Take some time monitoring those using HWINFO or Gpu-Z(sensors tab). The clock might be stuck at a low value, power and voltage readings might be missing(or also stuck) entirely, or Vram capacity could be read as 0GB.

gpu core clock: 2000mhz

gpu memory clock: +200% MSI afturburner on 6gb card, GPUz said 2101mhz tho under 100% load in kombustor bench?

board power draw: 132.9W

chip draw: 108.8 W

PCIe Slot Power: 24.6W

PCIe Voltage: 12v

8 pin #1: 108.8W 12v

67% TDP

perfcapreason: NONE

GPU Voltage: 1.05

TEMP: 66.4c 100% load

HOTSPOT: 74.4c

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, that doesn't look unusual at all; those values look fine to me. Looks like you'll need to look elsewhere.
The apps are reading memory clock differently. Unlike ram, which is calculated in dual data rate, gpu memory is done quad data rate. Gpu-Z reading 2000mhz, then do x4, and you get 8000mhz, which is what the 1060 specs state.

Perhaps malware trying to use the gpu? Give the free version of adwcleaner a go: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner

Jul 17, 2022
Well, that doesn't look unusual at all; those values look fine to me. Looks like you'll need to look elsewhere.
The apps are reading memory clock differently. Unlike ram, which is calculated in dual data rate, gpu memory is done quad data rate. Gpu-Z reading 2000mhz, then do x4, and you get 8000mhz, which is what the 1060 specs state.

Perhaps malware trying to use the gpu? Give the free version of adwcleaner a go: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner

That makes sense, whole system is running up to spec now and still getting like 30 fps on BF5, low 1080p. kind of unreal. i7 4790k is running perfecly stable at 1.24v and 4.4ghz
i think the game is just terribly optimized on pc. Other games Im now getting great fps, 100+

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not unusual to see.
There's always a limitation somewhere. Just, it's not always the hardware, as a number of folks seem to fall on.

I'm sure there's an online guide for improving BF5 fps, just like there is for Warzone(it's not well optimized either).