Question GPU not running at full potential ?

Jul 7, 2022
I've had my pc for about two years now. During that time I've noticed games not running as well as other benchmarks of my graphics card. The game I am going to use as an example (Because it is the most effected by this issue) is Call of Duty: Warzone. This game has never run well in the time I've had my pc. I've has suspicions that my pc wasn't running as it was supposed to for a long time. My suspicions were confirmed when I found the website Userbenchmark. If anyone knows how to fix the issue I have I would really appreciate it! Link to benchmark results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/53748951

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I've had my pc for about two years now. During that time I've noticed games not running as well as other benchmarks of my graphics card. The game I am going to use as an example (Because it is the most effected by this issue) is Call of Duty: Warzone. This game has never run well in the time I've had my pc. I've has suspicions that my pc wasn't running as it was supposed to for a long time. My suspicions were confirmed when I found the website Userbenchmark. If anyone knows how to fix the issue I have I would really appreciate it! Link to benchmark results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/53748951

That's not really evidence of much. Half of people are going to be below average and the scores are tightly packed.

Can you provide other benchmarks, such as actual hard data of average and 1% FPS in specific games at specific settings?

Reactions: KyaraM
Jul 7, 2022
That's not really evidence of much. Half of people are going to be below average and the scores are tightly packed.

Can you provide other benchmarks, such as actual hard data of average and 1% FPS in specific games at specific settings?
I completely forgot to include my average frames for warzone on the lowest settings at 1920x1080, my average fps is 48 and my 1% low was 23 fps. In Halo: Infinite at the lowest settings at 1920x1080 I got an average fps of 55 and a 1% low of 12 fps. Edit: Forgot to include graphics settings.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hard to benchmark Warzone because it's an online experience.

Halo average looks fine though 1% is a bit low. It's a budget GPU.

I'd probably clear some room from your OS drive and re-run the benchmarks. You're barely at a quarter of the recommended free space to leave on an SSD.

As mentioned do clean off 30GB from the ssd.

As a test.
Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results page.

KyaraM

Admirable
In all honesty, your FPS look fine to me. That GPU simply isn't that great to begin with. No use denying that. It works as expected in the UBM run and about the games, well, the card is barely above minimum requirements. Your system is fine. You simply expect too much. If you want better FPS, it's time for a new GPU (and poasibly PSU as well depending on what you got). You really should clean up your drives, though, they are both nearly full. Worst case, get a cheap SSD or HDD, install it and transfer some of the data over. Full drives can slow them down.

Jul 7, 2022
In all honesty, your FPS look fine to me. That GPU simply isn't that great to begin with. No use denying that. It works as expected in the UBM run and about the games, well, the card is barely above minimum requirements. Your system is fine. You simply expect too much. If you want better FPS, it's time for a new GPU (and poasibly PSU as well depending on what you got). You really should clean up your drives, though, they are both nearly full. Worst case, get a cheap SSD or HDD, install it and transfer some of the data over. Full drives can slow them down.
I've seen a lot of benchmarks of my gpu been able to run warzone perfectly fine. When the benchmarks overclocked I copied their settings and still got terrible frames. My pc is better than a ps4 and the ps4 runs warzone way better that my pc.