[SOLVED] GPU not showing up anywhere after reinstalling Windows

RIFATZX

Prominent
May 16, 2020
I have an ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN with an NVIDIA Geforce MX 150 (4gb) . So it was doing all right until one day my GPU vanished from task manager. I looked it up on device manager and it showed up when I viewed the hidden devices which said "Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code:45)" I had recently installed a graphics driver for the GPU from the NVIDIA website which I guess wasn't the right thing to do. So I tried installing the driver from the manufacturer's website and tried to install it but it couldn't detect hardware. (Image) Then I decided to reinstall the Windows thinking it might set the device up with a default driver. After the clean installation was finished, my GPU disappeared from the device manager too. Now it's like I don't even have a GPU inside and even now when I try to install the driver it can't detect the hardware. FYI, I installed Windows update too after the installation but it didn't work either. I have seen the same problem on two of my friends' laptop too. Can anyone please help?

My specs are:
Windows 10 Home
CPU: Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX 150
RAM: 8 GB

Image: View: https://imgur.com/Tw5vV6V

Solution
Okay, check if there are any nVidia drivers loaded in Programs and Features; if there are uninstall them. Then boot into safe mode and check C:\NVIDIA and delete the folder. Then restart and see if Windows is still loading the nVidia driver.

RIFATZX

Prominent
May 16, 2020
I have an ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN with an NVIDIA Geforce MX 150 (4gb) . So it was doing all right until one day my GPU vanished from task manager. I looked it up on device manager and it showed up when I viewed the hidden devices which said "Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code:45)" I had recently installed a graphics driver for the GPU from the NVIDIA website which I guess wasn't the right thing to do. So I tried installing the driver from the manufacturer's website and tried to install it but it couldn't detect hardware. (Image) Then I decided to reinstall the Windows thinking it might set the device up with a default driver. After the clean installation was finished, my GPU disappeared from the device manager too. Now it's like I don't even have a GPU inside and even now when I try to install the driver it can't detect the hardware. FYI, I installed Windows update too after the installation but it didn't work either. I have seen the same problem on two of my friends' laptop too. Can anyone please help?

My specs are:
Windows 10 Home

RIFATZX

Prominent
May 16, 2020

My specs are:
Windows 10 Home

RIFATZX

Prominent
May 16, 2020