Question GPU not working after deep cleaning the PC, VGA red LED is lit ?

Dec 17, 2022
The other day, I cleaned every part of my PC, from the CPU to the internals of the GPU. After I finished cleaning the PC, I could use it throughout the day with no problems. The next day, I played COD in the morning, and suddenly, the monitor went blank. I thought it was just some random restart the PC made, but I noticed it didn't turn on again. I tried turning the PC on again, and that the VGA red light is on. I searched everywhere on how to fix and get past the VGA red light, but nothing seems to do it. I don't know if its the GPU or the motherboard or something else entirely because the GPU seems to run well enough (RGB lights are on and the fans are spinning). I hope to get some other opinions as well as suggestions since I have tried everything :( Thanks for the replies

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro
RAM: Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200mhz
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB OC
PSU: Seasonic GC 650

Dec 17, 2022
how exactly did you deep clean your pc?
I replaced the GPU thermal paste and pads, and cleaned the fans. All other parts were cleaned via aspirator and cotton buds. It was working after I cleaned it but after the next day it didn't. I really tried everything and I believe it may be the GPU. Any thoughts?

I replaced the GPU thermal paste and pads, and cleaned the fans. All other parts were cleaned via aspirator and cotton buds. It was working after I cleaned it but after the next day it didn't. I really tried everything and I believe it may be the GPU. Any thoughts?

Maybe something in GPU overheated to the point of failure. Since it worked for a bit before crashing I'm betting its the VRM or VRAM.

Are you sure you used the correct size thermal pads? Are you sure they were installed in the correct area's?

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022
Maybe something in GPU overheated to the point of failure. Since it worked for a bit before crashing I'm betting its the VRM or VRAM.

Are you sure you used the correct size thermal pads? Are you sure they were installed in the correct area's?
I tried feeling the GPU after it failed and it appears the area where the VRAM are located is frankly hot. Any suggestions on what size/type of thermal pads to use? Thanks for the reply!