[SOLVED] GPU not working on HP ML110 G6 Server

Mar 28, 2020
So, I tried to clean the paste on the gpu Nvidia Quadro 2000 from HP ML110 G6 for the second time cause it was going on 87C when gaming which it started to throttle and the fps were dropping. This is the second I am cleaning the gpu and never had such kind of problems. The pc after starting makes 3 beep sounds and the monitor doesn't show any signal

P.S: The thermal paste I used it is electricaĺly non conductive and I did carefully cleaned the old thermal paste with wet alcoholic towels as I did on the first time but now it's not showing any signal.. HELP!

Last edited:
Solution
Sorry, but it really does sound like a dead GPU. The fans may still turn, but it would appear that the device is otherwise kaput.
Mar 28, 2020
This server should have on-board video connector, is it working OK?
CHeck server' manual for what three beeps mean.
Yes, it does. It's only working on VGA OUTPUT. I checked the server manual here but can't seem to find the actual beep code, 1 long, 2 short. https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01702138

I tried all the outputs from the gpu DisplayPort and DVI but none of them are outputing any signal, it just beeps three times and always stays on black screen. The gpu seems to be working fine, not really running on high speed fans, it just doesn't show any signal. Also thanks for the reply

Mar 28, 2020
Recently I cleaned my GPU Nvidia Quadro 2000 due to it hitting 87C temperature while gaming and I decided to clean the dust off and reapplying a new thermal paste on it, but after cleaning and put it in the slot it doesn't show up any signal on the monitor but the fan of the GPU is working normally, some people said it could be that I killed it from static electricity but shouldn't the fan be not working as well? The pc does some beeps (1 long, 2 short) when I start it up

Mar 28, 2020
Sounds like you damaged the GPU itself.

Does the system work with the integrated video controller (if you remove the Quadro)?

Yes it does, but the motherboard only has a VGA Output wich I can only connect my old dusty low resolution CRT. Also this is not the first time I cleaned the GPU , I did cleaned it 3 months ago as well and nothing even happened, it just worked better, normally from changing the thermal paste. But after 3 months my GPU got still dusty and hotter, I took it out and cleaned it and surely did touched the towers metal often even with the PSU being plugged in. They say I should have felt the discharge if It happened but in this case I didn't even felt or see any kind of discharge. It's been a week now that I can't even use my computer while being quarantined and having no other GPU to put in...