Aug 17, 2019
It's an old one component,
Motherboard HP IPMMB-FM (driver version according dxdiag "FOR_821.rom vFOR8.21")
CPU i5 3570
8GB RAM
GPU Powercolor AXRX 580 4GBD5-3DHDV2/OC (And Gigabyte GTX 650 OC 1GB for spare)
Nothing are OC'ed

note: my monitor only have VGA input, so I use adapter to use the HDMI DVI-I and DVI-D in these steps.

2nd notes: Already using Windows 10 before and the RX 580 works fine, I try reinstalling Windows 7 coz got audio issue (the back panel audio ports only able to produce sound in troubleshooting sound test. While the front panel audio ports are kind of working on normal circumstance, the playback device are disconnected then re-connected when very loud sound are played e.g. gunshots on PUBG or sounds of sandstorm on kenshi.) to see if it's driver issue.

I'm not good at explaining thing, so I'll just summary the problem I've experienced from beginning till present.
  • Installing Windows 7 via bootable USB, got interrupted coz somehow it's corrupted, got my PC on no OS state.
  • Rest my PC about a week, since I only at home on weekend.
  • Turning on my pc (after a week rest) tried to install on attempt installing Windows 10 back, no display signal on both DVI-D and HDMI ports (RX 580 are installed at the time).
  • Unseat RX 580, then using the motherboard DVI-I output are working.
  • Installation succeed, updating Windows, installing back the RX 580, still no display.
  • Change GPU to GTX 650, the HDMI and DVI-D doesn't give any signal either, but the VGA port works.
  • Googling with no matching result, got desperate, write a post here in hope some wise tech person have a solution or two.

Any solution to get my RX 580 working?

Wolfshadw

Titan
The problem appears to be signal conversion. You're trying to connect a digital signal to an analog display.

VGA is Analog only
DVI-D is Digital only
HDMI is Digital only
DVI-I is both Digital and Analog.

From a digital only output, you would need an active converter to change the signal to analog so your display recognizes it. Personally, I'd recommend using the GTX 650 until you can afford to replace the display with one that accepts a digital signal (has DVI-D/HDMI/DisplayPort inputs).

-Wolf sends

Aug 17, 2019
The thing is, it was working fine with the same display monitor and the same HDMI adapter from my RX 580 and GTX 650.

Is it possible corrupted windows installation screws the hardware?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Is it possible corrupted windows installation screws the hardware?

No. A corrupted Windows install will not damage your hardware. If it was working before with the same hardware, then it's likely a driver issue. If the current (likely most recent) drivers from AMD are not working, then you should try previous versions.

AMD Radeon RX 580 Driver Download Page

-Wolf sends

Aug 17, 2019
No. A corrupted Windows install will not damage your hardware. If it was working before with the same hardware, then it's likely a driver issue. If the current (likely most recent) drivers from AMD are not working, then you should try previous versions.

I can't install RX driver since i have no display output at all, it just black. And i can't install RX driver without the card seated.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Reinstall the GTX 650 so you can get a display.
Go into BIOS to see if there is an option to enable the onboard graphics while a discrete graphics card is installed.
If so, reboot the system with the display connected to the on-board graphics and the RX 580 installed.
You should be able to install the drivers at this point.

If there isn't an option to enable on-board graphics, then you're probably looking at reinstalling Windows (or trying another HDMI to VGA adapter).

-Wolf sends

Aug 17, 2019
Reinstall the GTX 650 so you can get a display.
Go into BIOS to see if there is an option to enable the onboard graphics while a discrete graphics card is installed.
If so, reboot the system with the display connected to the on-board graphics and the RX 580 installed.
You should be able to install the drivers at this point.

Managed to install RX 580 driver with this procedure, but still no signal when i revert the display to GPU (yes, I already set the RX 580 as primary).

If there isn't an option to enable on-board graphics, then you're probably looking at reinstalling Windows (or trying another HDMI to VGA adapter).

I already have couple of these thing already, and none of them give any different.

For now, my assumption about this fuss are my PC unable to send/make digital display signal since HDMI and DVI-D are not working since they are digital only. While VGA and DVI-I are working just fine. Is this even possible?

Aug 17, 2019
I guess, but how it was working fine back then with the same adapter and the same display monitor....

Guess I'll rest it for another week then, got 6 hours of journey await.

Aug 17, 2019
...If it use to work then it doesn't can mean the card got hurt?static discharge etc?

Doubt if it's the card since it happened on both of my cards, maybe it's the display monitor or the motherboard? Is there any part on motherboard that control digital display signal?

Come to mention about static stuff, there's a lightning strike my TV antenna when my PC at rest. But still... The monitor are working, the PC still able to turned on and works, not sure about the RX 580 cos it doesn't have any analog output to test but the fan are working, and it also affect the GTX 650 digital output while it not seated when the lightning strike. The strike only damage my TV signal booster so far, and it's grounded.

I'll test it to my TV next time, since it have HDMI port. For now, still curious what's actually happened.

Aug 17, 2019
[UPDATE]

Try troubleshoot by using another motherboard (some random asus H61) to see if it's the IPMMB-FM motherboard problem.

Same result, no digital display output. HDMI or DVI D just give no signal, but onboard VGA output and GTX 650 VGA works fine. I'm using 2 different HDMI to VGA adapter and a DVI D adapter to test it.

Still cannot test using HDMI display monitor if it's the monitor since there's no such thing nearby me.