Question GPU Overheating

Mar 24, 2020
Hi, Im reposting a question again since no one responded to the previous one. So, my gpu is overheating for no apparent reason. New thermal paste has been applied, I blew the dust away and cleaned the whole entire case, I created a custom curve in MSI so this way, when the gpu reaches 80 degrees the fan is already at 100%, Ive tried everything I could to cool it down and it doesnt cool down. SPECS : CPU: AMD 5300-APU GPU: GTX560 RAM : 6GB DDR3 SSD: KINGSTONE 120GB MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3P PSU : REDRAGON RGPS600W This is not a PSU problem, Ive also been monitoring the temps with various programs and while gaming, gpu reaches around 102 degrees celsius and, at 105 degrees celsius, it crashes to prevent any damage. Everything else works fine but I can`t seem to cool it down.

Please, I need some advice as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

Okay lets see what we can do here. You said you dismantled and new thermal paste that's good. Just a question did you use a good name brand paste.........................reason why I ask Amazon was selling fake thermal paste and sent out a warning to buyers from them.
What driver are you using and what games and/or is just using the computer gets temps up. I have a GTX 570ti sitting on my desk right now that I'm going to put into the last computer I built for my Dad before he passed.

It's an AMD 8120 FX so I have enough close enough parts to put together to like yours to see if I can help with your issue. I'm at the point right now I'm changing out the power supply and installing the GTX 570ti.

Get back to me with what ver. Driver your running. I'm assuming your running windows 10 if not let me know as well.

Mar 24, 2020
Okay lets see what we can do here. You said you dismantled and new thermal paste that's good. Just a question did you use a good name brand paste.........................reason why I ask Amazon was selling fake thermal paste and sent out a warning to buyers from them.
What driver are you using and what games and/or is just using the computer gets temps up. I have a GTX 570ti sitting on my desk right now that I'm going to put into the last computer I built for my Dad before he passed.

It's an AMD 8120 FX so I have enough close enough parts to put together to like yours to see if I can help with your issue. I'm at the point right now I'm changing out the power supply and installing the GTX 570ti.

Get back to me with what ver. Driver your running.
Thank you for your response, I really do appreciate it. My driver version is 391.35. Also, the thermal paste Im using is not that great. I honestly forgot the brand name of it but I used it for quite some time for my CPU too and it keeps the temperatures at a fairly normal level for the CPU but not for the GPU. Im planning on buying a Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste soon. The games I`m usually playing are Rocket League and World of Tanks, both of them on low graphics, everything is turned off so there is no crazy pressure applied on the GPU to keep up with the games and these are not even heavy-graphic games.

Reactions: stonecarver
Okay an update I just now got Computer going. All updates from microsoft, the exact Nvidia driver your using but give me some time to get those 2 games and run them to get feedback for you. As it it right now GTX 560 ti with being on internet and just messing around GPU temps sitting at 38C through Msi Afterburner. I will test games and get back to you.

Mar 24, 2020
Okay an update I just now got Computer going. All updates from microsoft, the exact Nvidia driver your using but give me some time to get those 2 games and run them to get feedback for you. As it it right now GTX 560 ti with being on internet and just messing around GPU temps sitting at 38C through Msi Afterburner. I will test games and get back to you.
Ok good sir. Thank you. I'm waiting for your response