Question gpu overheating?

Apr 16, 2021
Hello,
I'm having trouble with overheating (probably). Not often, but every few weeks, my PC, after starting the game (it is not always in game, but mostly), stops emitting light to the monitors, but I can hear the sound, so I guess it's GPU overheating - the fan of the gpu starts to be very noisy. Then I can start the PC, but when I start the game again, it happens again after a few minutes. The other day, the problem disappears (component probably cools down, idk).

Not sure if it has something to do with it, but earlier this year, I've done a little upgrade, bought a new CPU (AMD Ryzen 3600), RAMs and power supply. Graphic card - Nvidia 2060XC 6GB, that I kept from the previous setup. A week after upgrading, the default CPU fan was pretty noisy, so I changed it, bought a better one. And since then, the problems started to appear. Not sure if it has someting to do with the fan, but could be, so I rather stated it. I also checked the temperatures of the CPU, and it looked OK even while playing Cyberpunk etc.
Please, do you have any advice, what problem this could be? Thanks in advance:)

PS: I have the lastest drivers

to check temperatures you should run an OSD while games or a benchmarking software is still running fullscreen.
many times just alt-tabbing out to the desktop will result in much lower GPU temperatures almost instantly.

your system's airflow and your GPU's own fan curve are what determines a normal functioning GPU's temperature.
list your current setup in full and your entire system cooling configuration.

Reactions: tragzzz
Apr 16, 2021
to check temperatures you should run an OSD while games or a benchmarking software is still running fullscreen.
many times just alt-tabbing out to the desktop will result in much lower GPU temperatures almost instantly.

your system's airflow and your GPU's own fan curve are what determines a normal functioning GPU's temperature.
list your current setup in full and your entire system cooling configuration.
Thanks. Tried checking gpu temps while playing Cybperunk for half an hour via MSI afterburner, and the values were stable - gpu 1920 mhz, and max 71°C in combat, which I guess is ok?

My setup:
motherboard: MSI B450 Aorus elite
cpu: amd ryzen 3600, cpu fan: SilentiumPC Fera 3 HE1224 v2
gpu: Nvidia RTX 2060 XC 6GB
memory: 16GB hyperx fury ddr4
power supply: SilentiumPC Supremo M2 Gold 550W V2

my case is pretty airy, has holes on the side of the case opposite to motherboard. I have 4 fans (front, back, top, side)