Question GPU randomly stopped posting

Jan 23, 2022
I have a GTX 960 in my streaming pc that I don't use that often. One day it just stopped posting and I let it sit for a while, got around to finding out that it was the graphics card. I tested it on my other pc and it also doesn't post on there either. I tried my other GPU in the streaming pc and it works just fine. Any help would be appreciated to get this fixed, if possible. When I turn it on the fans jiggle a bit, not sure if that's normal or not but I think my 2070 does the same thing.

Ryzen 7 1700 Gtx 960 32gb ram windows 10

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"One day it just stopped posting".

"posting"? More explanation needed about what is (or is not) happening.

Do you mean, for example, that you can no longer send / upload videos, etc. to some website?

Also update your post to include full system (streaming system) hardware specs and OS information.

To what website are you trying to post?

Jan 23, 2022
This:

"One day it just stopped posting".

"posting"? More explanation needed about what is (or is not) happening.

Do you mean, for example, that you can no longer send / upload videos, etc. to some website?

Also update your post to include full system (streaming system) hardware specs and OS information.

To what website are you trying to post?
Sorry for the lack of clarification, posting as in posting any video to a display. Turn the computer on and the fans spin and everything but not OUTPUT. The system works fine with a different GPU.

Ralston18

Titan
If the GTX 960 does not work in the original host system and likewise does not work in another known working system then very likely that the GPU has indeed failed in some manner. Trusting that nothing else was changed - I believe that the GPU failed.

(You did the same video ports (GPU/display(monitor) and video cable - correct?)

GPU failure.

Any signs of temperature problems or overheating?

Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes or warnings just prior to or at the time of the GPU failure.

All in all though, the GPU failing to work in two different computers is not a good sign.

Getting the GPU fixed certainly depends on what exactly went wrong with it and if that is even repairable once the true problem is diagnosed.