Question GPU Sagging on the left side, is this ok?

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
Typically, the GPU sags the most on the front right corner, as there’s no support there, but I’ve noticed that the front left corner is also slightly sagging (with the bracket attached) is this normal?

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
No, it's not normal. Sounds like the cooler housing itself is coming detached from the PCB and framework. I'd double check all the pushpins and mounting points for the cooler to make sure something hasn't broken or popped loose.
I had a close look, I think i may have attached the bracket when it was tilting, so it appears like the left side is sagging when it’s actually the GPU that was attached on a slight angle. This should be ok though right?

Last edited:
Not really. I'd recommend that you remove the screws, unlock the PCI lock at the front of the card, remove the card, make SURE you have the bottom of the I/O bracket sitting down in the slot between the back of the case and the motherboard correctly, properly align the back bracket with the case and reinstall the card until it seats in the PCI slot. Then align the bracket with the holes on the mounting screws and install them just slightly less than finger tight. Slide the bracket up tight against the screws so that the card cannot move any further towards the top of the case and tighten down the screws.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to describe, but if something isn't exactly the way it is supposed to be, then no, it's not "ok" and should be done over again until it IS correct.

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
Not really. I'd recommend that you remove the screws, unlock the PCI lock at the front of the card, remove the card, make SURE you have the bottom of the I/O bracket sitting down in the slot between the back of the case and the motherboard correctly, properly align the back bracket with the case and reinstall the card until it seats in the PCI slot. Then align the bracket with the holes on the mounting screws and install them just slightly less than finger tight. Slide the bracket up tight against the screws so that the card cannot move any further towards the top of the case and tighten down the screws.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to describe, but if something isn't exactly the way it is supposed to be, then no, it's not "ok" and should be done over again until it IS correct.
What I was saying is the bracket itself was attached with the gpu tilting downwards, (very slightly) making it look as though it was sagging, but it was at that slight angle when I was attaching it.

So then just loosen the screws, lift the card straight and retighten it. Unless I'm misunderstanding still. The bottom line is, there is really no reason for it to not be perfectly 90° from the back of the case AND lined directly up with the PCI slot. If it was the OTHER end of the card, then some allowance could be made for weight and sag, but not next to the I/O attachment point on the case.