Question GPU Shuts Down Monitor, Then Runs at 100%

deiviux90

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
Hey,
I have a problem with my GPU and I have no idea what to do to fix it for sure.

The issue is that when I boot up Warframe, the screen goes white while loading, then my monitor completely goes black, saying "No HDMI Input Detected", meaning that there's something up with my display drivers, I guess. Then after a few seconds it turns back on, but Warframe's application is completely transparent, but interactable, meaning that if I try to click on something on my desktop, I click on the Warframe application instead.
So I Alt+F4 it, but then my GPU regularly hits 100% usage every few seconds and locks up the entire system for a second or two at a time after I do so.

I have contacted Amazon about an RMA who have contacted the manufacturer, Powercolor, but since it's a Sunday I have to wait til tomorrow to get a reply. I am still within my warranty as I haven't tampered with the GPU in any way nor has a year passed since I got the GPU, back in March of this year.

I am using a PowerColor Axrx Vega 56 8GBHBM2 2D2HD/OC. Here's the card. Bought it off Amazon. Its price has dropped roughly £100 since the new AMD GPU's have come out, so hopefully they let me RMA into a newer, better card.

Also, I hear sporadic clicking coming from my PC when I boot up a resource-heavy game like Kingdom Come: Deliverance as an example, or play something in VR. I assume it's coming from the GPU as well, but I'm not entirely sure.

If possible, I wish to not tamper with the warranty sticker as I am hoping to get the card RMA'd.

I have also installed the latest drivers only a couple of hours ago but to no avail.

deiviux90

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
did you rma the card?

Not yet. No one got back to me so I'll call them tomorrow in regards to this and why they haven't gotten back to me twice now.
I'm experiencing the same problem when launching For Honor now as well. The GPU driver crashes according to Windows. And as I'm typing this my entire system is locking up for 2 seconds every 4 or so seconds, so I'm gonna have to restart the rig again.