SneakyKneeGrow

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hello!

I was trying to take out my gpu to place in a new one. I have a 2070 and i purchased a 2070 super. I took my cpu cooler out in order to reach the pcie sot but the lever broke.

View: https://imgur.com/kG0jAxa

I don't have anything connected to the outside of the gpu via hdmi/display port. I also removed the two screws keeping the gpu in place. I'm unsure of how to take the gpu out without breaking the lever.

Motherboard: Asus X570-p Prime.

Any help would be appreciated

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
If the lever is already broken, you could try carefully removing the card (don't use much force) as it might not longer be holding the card. I've recently had the same thing happen to me, the lever was incredibly hard to push down and broke eventually. Without moving the lever though, it's impossible to take out the card. It was only that one slot.

SneakyKneeGrow

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
If the lever is already broken, you could try carefully removing the card (don't use much force) as it might not longer be holding the card. I've recently had the same thing happen to me, the lever was incredibly hard to push down and broke eventually. Without moving the lever though, it's impossible to take out the card. It was only that one slot.
Removing without touching the lever isn't working. The left side comes out but the right stays in which makes me have to put the left side back in and then i'm stuck at square 1

I don't think the lever is fully broken just the small push hinge is torn apart.

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
If the hinge is torn apart I'm guessing that counts as a broken lever... If you need to remove the card, you will probably have to push that lever down until it snaps or somehow opens. If you do decide to go that route, be mindful of damaging both the motherboard and your fingers. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I had to do.

SneakyKneeGrow

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
If the hinge is torn apart I'm guessing that counts as a broken lever... If you need to remove the card, you will probably have to push that lever down until it snaps or somehow opens. If you do decide to go that route, be mindful of damaging both the motherboard and your fingers. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I had to do.

I'm not sure if i'm comfortable snapping the lever. It's weird because this thing is reinforced yet it breaks so easily. I'm slowly running out of ideas.