Aug 16, 2024
When i played Medieval Dynasty 3 days ago at 1080p Ultra, wattage was at most 110w and that only when the game needed the most resources, so average it is 80-90w.
Temps were:
GPU 55-60c (can't remember very correct, so maybe higher but NOT lower)
Hotspot 76c at most (i always focus on hotspot since GPU overall is lower)
sadly i didn't look at GPU Usage or never do (since i had no problems).

Okay, but now when i launched that game yesterday, GPU power draw suddenly went up to 150w and and GPU Usage is capped at 40% when the game is fully loaded, while loading it spikes to 70% then 0% then 13% etc in split seconds but i guess that's normal.
The temps (while side case is open because i cleaned some dust and to check if it was because of bad airflow):
GPU 62c
Hotspot 86c
GPU Usage 40%
CPU Usage 20-30%
(cpu temps are fine as heck idle 30c max 46c)

the hotspot is 24c hotter than the gpu...

So short: Suddenly my GPU uses up WAY more power, in return gives me less performance and higher temperatures.

FPS stays the same tho at 60FPS, i always have Vsync on and capped at 60 because i don't need more, but sometimes (starting also 3-4 days ago) i feel stutterings in eFootball 21 like it feels as if the game goes in background mode and then gets focus again it is weird. I ALWAYS PLAY MY GAMES IN FULLSCREEN.

Specs
:

POWER: Mag A750GL PCIE5 NEW/CHANGED
GPU: Asus TUF GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
CPU: i5 12400F
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x 8gb DDR4
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Pro H610M-E DDR4 NEW/CHANGED
SSD: Samsung 980 NVMe M.2 1TB
also 1 additional ssd and hdd

Worth to mention:
  1. Power supply is not even 1 month old, i changed it because the older one let my system restart under heavy load for reasons i also don't know maybe bad brand (rampage+19 months old).
  2. Also not even 1 months ago i had my computer fully serviced (new thermal paste for CPU & GPU, new pads, cleaned case and added liquid cooler for CPU because of summer).
  3. Oh yes i also changed the motherboard (not 1 month ago) because the guy who was in the service told me the north bridge is getting too hot and that might cause the system restarts (regarding the older psu), so i just switched my older msi pro with a new msi pro no upgrade. But the old motherboard also had the higher wattage on the gpu (150w), after i changed to the new one it went down to 80-90w on average but now the new mobo is also hanging at 150w, well.
  4. Regarding the sudden high wattage use and high temps i tried reinstalling nvidia drivers several times (using DDU), i also tried 2 older versions but did not help.
  5. *There was a windows update couple days ago maybe this might be the issue?
  6. Tried different modes in Windows Power Management / Nvidia Control Panel no help.
  7. Fans are 3 intake front 1 exhaust back.
  8. System overall was built last year january
  9. I never overclock any components but just to figure out the issue i activated my Rams XMP (3000Mhz), normally it sits at 2400.
    add 1
  10. *Uninstalled latest windows update didn't fix.
    add 2
  11. Regarding the huge hotspot temperature maybe the sensors just bugged and showed less degrees?
    add 3
  12. ^nope i started efootball then alttabbed and hotspot went over 100c what the? GPU was at 70c and power draw was 217w also CPU nearly 50c while alt tabbed and all went back to the usual degrees/wattages once i tabbed back in although i did configure background apps to be at 20 fps and max fps in general to 60.
    I just don't know what to do anymore all i want is to kick my system several times or do the ishowspeed on it if it's female
This past month my head is just so full trying to figure out what the cause is and what might fix it, i probably even forgot some to mention here but i will add once my head gets clearer and clearer with pantene.

Thank you for reading till here.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The temps (while side case is open because i cleaned some dust and to check if it was because of bad airflow)
Make and model of you case, please. Ambient room air temps?

MOTHERBOARD: MSI Pro H610M-E DDR4 NEW/CHANGED
+
so i just switched my older msi pro with a new msi pro no upgrade
BIOS version for your motherboard? You swapped out the board, like for like?

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x 8gb DDR4
Got a link to this ram kit?

When using DDU, you should remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command.

Might want to run a scan of your drives for any malware.

Aug 16, 2024
Thank you! And thanks for the reply!

Room temp is around 30 celsius
Heres the case
https://www.rampage.com.tr/en/produ...4-12cm-rgb-fanli-tempered-glass-oyuncu-kasasi

Also the ram
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364905171650

Bios version: "E7D48IMS.A20" i assume it's stock but does it really matter? It worked flawlessly in the first part but maybe degrading over time i have so no clue.

And yes same motherboard model, just a new one.

I also uninstalled my GPU driver using DDU in safe mode and installed the version prior the most recent driver which i had installed. But after this didn't fix it i installed the driver that came before this so:

First 560.81
then 560.70
last 556.12

and now im at 560.81 again since older drivers didn't work

btw what do you mean by 'elevated command'? Like Administrator? I think my windows already does it automatically.

Edit: heres GPU-Z stats while playing Medieval Dynastie 1080p Ultra
View: https://imgur.com/a/VSuo9mQ

I get VOp and VRel at the beginning and after VOp goes away, i also went to a place with lots of trees for extra shadows and details and the GPU Temperature went to 71.1c while Hotspot 99.1c
Board power draw was 198.4w

Last edited: