Question GPU temps too hot (RTX 2060 in micro atx mini tower)

Feb 16, 2019
Hello I am experiencing some hot temps when gaming in my new build and hopefully someone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong or what I can do differenly.

I have a rtx 2060(gigabyte) installed in a micro atx mini tower build

I played a few games of apex legends and My GPU temps were between 75 c and 82 c. This is my first time using a water cooler, so I am not sure which way I should have the fans set up, or which way they should be blowing. I created a shitty chart in paint to show which way all my fans are moving air.

Here is my exact build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vK6wbX

Here are some pictures

ApNNi5T.png
20190216_111257.jpg
20190216_111137.jpg
20190216_111306.jpg
20190216_111147.jpg
20190216_111142.jpg

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Those temps aren't really that bad considering the cooler on that card, it's just a block of finned aluminum with heat pipes, not the greatest.

I would get rid of the push fan on the bottom of the radiator, or at least make sure it is spinning quite a bit faster than the corsair fan behind it. Even then im sure that corsair fan has a higher CFM, it might be hard to figure out how fast they should spin relative to each other without cancelling each other out. I would just take it out and see if there is a difference. Besides that you can create a custom fan profile in msi afterbuner or something to increase GPU fan speed at the cost of more noise, you can also do this with your front intake rad fans.

Feb 16, 2019
Those temps aren't really that bad considering the cooler on that card, it's just a block of finned aluminum with heat pipes, not the greatest.

I would get rid of the push fan on the bottom of the radiator, or at least make sure it is spinning quite a bit faster than the corsair fan behind it. Even then im sure that corsair fan has a higher CFM, it might be hard to figure out how fast they should spin relative to each other without cancelling each other out. I would just take it out and see if there is a difference. Besides that you can create a custom fan profile in msi afterbuner or something to increase GPU fan speed at the cost of more noise, you can also do this with your front intake rad fans.

For some reason in afterburner it doesnt let me increase the fan speed of the gpu. Idk if i have to change something in the settings, but i havent been able to figure it out.